• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

In other news, Adrian Martinez is up to 217 lbs

AzHusker

Big Red Fanatic
15 Year Member
https://247sports.com/college/nebra...nez-exactly-what-Huskers-had-hoped--119030692

“His work ethic, his attitude, his approach to things, his maturity beyond his years,” Verduzco said. “No, there’s really been nothing that has surprised me.”

Actually, he then recalled, Martinez did surprise him the other day, showing up after a short break and weighing in 217 pounds. The quarterback is listed at 205, from when he entered the program.

Zach Duval’s program is paying off for Martinez as it had for quarterbacks like McKenzie Milton, Noah Vedral and others before him. He's stronger, he's heavier, but according to Verduzco, he looks better than he ever has before.

Is the narrative on this board still that Gebbia will be named the starter? It isn’t like Gebbia got a head start on the playbook. Gebbia said he’ll stay with N no matter what, I wonder how true that is. I know some posters were impressed with Bunch, but I believe that Martinez and Gebbia are a notch above him.

Last edited:

Is the narrative on this board still that Gebbia will be named the starter? It isn’t like Gebbia got a head start on the playbook. Gebbia said he’ll stay with N no matter what, I wonder how true that is. I know some posters were impressed with Bunch, but I believe that Martinez and Gebbia are a notch above him.

I believe if it's close they go with AM as he is the "prototypical QB" for their offence, in other words I think that TG would have to be markedly better than AM to win the job which I really don't see happening. That said it wouldn't upset me in the slightest if TG, or Bunch for that matter, won the starting job. A win, win, win in my opinion. :thumbsup:

Not that I am saying this will happen, or that I want it to, but I remember a few years back when Ohio State hired Urban Meyer and in his first year he lost both his first & second string QBs to injury. The third string QB came in and started the CCG for his first start and they ended up winning the National Championship. I also will support any of our QBs who win the starting job, but I will also support every QB on the roster, Not just the first three on the depth chart. As has been stated by someone else on this board, I think we have the most depth we have ever had at Nebraska since I started being a fan back in 1970. Here's to the entire group maturing quickly and that turning into a lot of W's.

I don't have a preference. I'm confident the coaches will pick the best guy. But I do have guesses on who it will be. Prior to the spring game, I thought it would be TG. After the spring game, I gave AM a slight edge. But if he's up to 217 with his smooth as silk stride, I have to believe he's a pretty heavy favorite now.

I almost made it to 217 twice.

Once was good weight, once was a lot of bourbon and southern food.

Thankfully Martinez has good nutrition and strength folks looking over his shoulder.

I think his frame will easily handle 230-235. If he can get up there and not lose that gliding speed he has, he'll be something else.

I almost made it to 217 twice.

Once was good weight, once was a lot of bourbon and southern food.

Thankfully Martinez has good nutrition and strength folks looking over his shoulder.

I think his frame will easily handle 230-235. If he can get up there and not lose that gliding speed he has, he'll be something else.

If he could maintain that size and speed, he would be Bo Jackson playing QB...………. :Drool:

giphy.gif

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back