• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Impact of early signing day

I agree with most of this except the Riley reference. Riley's teams quit. Don't recall seeing that with Frost's teams.
That is an interesting point. I have seen NU teams quit a few times in recent years, most recently when I was at the Minnesota game. I hate to say 'quit' because that team looked like the couldn't get off the field fast enough once the game began. A few players showed no desire to quit, but as a whole, it sure looked like the team couldn't wait to leave the stadium.

What's interesting is in Riley's first year, the team went 5-7 in the regular season. The 7 losses averaged out to a point differential of -4.43 points per loss with losses being by 5, 3 (OT), 1, 2, 2, 10, and 8 points. I was confused by the Riley hire and definitely wanted him gone after year 3, but that first year he definitely did not have a team that 'gave up'. Purdue was our worst loss with a walk-on QB and a terrible game plan by the coaches. I would be very hard-pressed to say that team 'gave up' in any sense of the definition. I did see that this past season. I don't blame Frost entirely though and I am 100% supportive of him being our guy to get us back to where we belong. I just wanted to point this out for the sake of levity.

You don't need to quit.
It helps identify you as a fair-weather fan
He's just bent because his true team, 'Bama, didn't get into the playoffs and he isn't able to talk as much smack. Being anti-Husker is just a fun aside. There are 2 or 3 posters on here who enjoy NU not performing well despite the reasons or conjecture for their performance. It just provides them with a platform to project their animosity for NU or their life, for whatever reason.

He's just bent because his true team, 'Bama, didn't get into the playoffs and he isn't able to talk as much smack. Being anti-Husker is just a fun aside. There are 2 or 3 posters on here who enjoy NU not performing well despite the reasons or conjecture for their performance. It just provides them with a platform to project their animosity for NU or their life, for whatever reason.

Maybe I just have too many things going on in my day to day life to do that tho dog thing, but it just makes no sense to me.

I don’t like something therefore I’m going to spend my free time pissing on the shoes of those who do.

Seems like a huge waste of time.

I don’t think not winning the west is why people and media fill frost fail but I can see why you would want it to be cause we didn’t make it to the conference championship cause it’s hard to admit that the head coach of the team you like failed. But fact is frost failed this year and it’s not because he didn’t make a bowl game but because he couldn’t even get to five hundred on the year. So quit trying with the people had unrealistic expectations and bring championships into this equation.

Ummm, OK....pretty much have to be .500 to be bowl bound....but i'm glad not making a bowl wasn't a sign of failure. I'm sure SF appreciates that support.

Wrong pal I'm a LSU fan Geaux Tigers!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back