• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Impact of early signing day

He's just bent because his true team, 'Bama, didn't get into the playoffs and he isn't able to talk as much smack. Being anti-Husker is just a fun aside. There are 2 or 3 posters on here who enjoy NU not performing well despite the reasons or conjecture for their performance. It just provides them with a platform to project their animosity for NU or their life, for whatever reason.

jmatlock clip?

How bad was Baylor when Matt Rhule took over? Half the damn team left. 1-11, 6-6, 11-1. How about Kansas State and a roster full of 2*’s? This is just a couple of examples of many around the country. That’s tangible improvement. I guess if you want to look hard enough you could find some improvement, somewhere. The schedule was also prolly half as hard as year one. This season was utter garbage, truth be told. You can’t sugar coat crap.
frosted poopie

Frost entirely though and I am 100% supportive of him being our guy to get us back to where we belong. I just wanted to point this out for the sake of levity.

Well, he recruited the guys whom left, didn’t he? I don’t know how much difference 2 months would make. Maybe some better, more clear evaluations. Who knows. I can’t make any more excuses for him now. He’s had two years and his team still looks like a Riley coached team on the field. I would have never thought, and I’m pretty sure you’d agree with that. At some point, SF had to be accountable for the product on the field. It’s his team now. I’m fairly certain, you, me, and most everyone else on this board did NOT expect back to back losing seasons, with little to no improvement in year 2. Yes, he prolly needs more time, but time is often extended when there is tangible evidence of improvement on the field. We haven’t seen that, yet.
Disagree it looks like a Riley team.

2017: Points for 309, Points against 437
Difference: -128 points

2019: Points for 336, Points against 333
Difference: +3 points

I’m frustrated with many things this year, but Riley’s last year was an absolute dumpster fire.

Disagree it looks like a Riley team.

2017: Points for 309, Points against 437
Difference: -128 points

2019: Points for 336, Points against 333
Difference: +3 points

I’m frustrated with many things this year, but Riley’s last year was an absolute dumpster fire.

I disagree tooo....Riley went to bowl games his first two years

Once being with the same record we have this year 5-7.
While I was happy we won that bowl game against UCLA, I still think it was a joke that a 5 - 7 team made a bowl game. Although the extra 15 practices seemed to payoff for both the bowl and the following season, we all know how it ended up in the end.

However long Riley has/had been a HC? I truly don't know and don't care to look up.

Wait until Frost has been an HC for an equal amount of time. Look at both all time records.

That will be the comparison I guess?

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back