• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I'm taking a look at our starters.....and smiling?

Man I'm tired of everyone banging this drum. The young man led the B1G in completion percentage... AM is plenty good enough to win 7-9 games. He's better than Armstrong, better than T-Magic. AM is the least of NU's offensive issues.
He’s not better than Armstrong or the other Martinez. Athleticism maybe so, but he is a turnover machine, and he doesn’t sustain drives. No, it’s not all his fault, but he’s the QB1, so it falls on him. Maybe he will turn it around, we’ll see.

Armstrong career: 53.3% completions. 67 Td's 44 Int's. 7.6 yards per attempt QBR of 128.3
T. Martinez career: 59.8% completions. 56 Td's 29 Int's. 7.5 yards per attempt QBR of 136.3
A. Martinez career: 64.2% completions. 31 Td's 20 Int's. 7.5 yards per attempt QBR of 135.7

After doing a little digging they all look pretty similar. The reality is people love to hate the starting QB. As an NU fan I'm happy to have AM leading this team.

I found the yards per attempt interesting with all the negative press AM gets about stretching the field.

Armstrong career: 53.3% completions. 67 Td's 44 Int's. 7.6 yards per attempt QBR of 128.3
T. Martinez career: 59.8% completions. 56 Td's 29 Int's. 7.5 yards per attempt QBR of 136.3
A. Martinez career: 64.2% completions. 31 Td's 20 Int's. 7.5 yards per attempt QBR of 135.7

After doing a little digging they all look pretty similar. The reality is people love to hate the starting QB. As an NU fan I'm happy to have AM leading this team.

I found the yards per attempt interesting with all the negative press AM gets about stretching the field.
I haven’t been impressed with any of the three listed. I was impressed with Adrian his first year. The other two I would pass on.

Thanks. Which players on this list are most likely NOT to be the starter and who will start in their place?

DE – Robinson

NG – Daniels

DE – Stille

OLB – Reimer (speed to play outside?)

MLB – Honas

MLB – Kolarevic (didn’t transfer here to sit on the bench)

OLB – Domann

CB – Taylor-Britt

CB – Joseph (didn’t transfer here to sit on the bench)

S – Dismuke

S – Williams

Offense

QB – Martinez

RB – Stepp (USC’s best running back?)

TE – Allen

TE – Fidone

WR – Toure’ (didn’t transfer here to sit on the bench)

WR – Betts

LT – Corcoran

LG – Piper

C – Jurgens

RG – Nouilli (didn’t transfer here to sit on the bench)

RT – Benhart

Thanks. Which players on this list are most likely NOT to be the starter and who will start in their place?

DE – Robinson

NG – Daniels

DE – Stille

MLB – Honas

OLB – Domann

CB – Taylor-Britt

S – Dismuke

S – Williams

Offense

QB – Martinez

TE – Allen

TE – Fidone

WR – Betts

LT – Corcoran

LG – Piper

C – Jurgens

RT – Benhart
Nelson over Reimer our side( that spot is more like a base end spot and Reimer doesn’t have the size.)
If Clark is at peak condition I believe he has a slight edge at CB
Betts will all depend on how much of the offense he picks up with a fully offseason and if Manning over comes his mental health to pick up the kids playbook.
Fidone I believe will depend on match up ( Brown being the Duck R)
Their are some toss ups that could shake things at spots so should be interesting.

You are entitled to your opinion but AM has clearly regressed. He creates zero in opponents based on his throwing. Yes can run if he doesn't fumble it

Just for perspective he had a QBR of 139.5 as a freshman when he averaged 29 passes per game vs 19 this year. You think if AM was threat that Frost wouldn't throw more?

DE – Robinson

NG – Daniels

DE – Stille

MLB – Honas

OLB – Domann

CB – Taylor-Britt

S – Dismuke

S – Williams

Offense

QB – Martinez

TE – Allen

TE – Fidone

WR – Betts

LT – Corcoran

LG – Piper

C – Jurgens

RT – Benhart

Since the NCAA didn't change the transfer rule as expected, Stepp will likely have to sit out 2021. One of Scott III/Johnson/Thompkins/Morrison/Ervin will hopefully emerge as the starter in fall practice.

Man I'm tired of everyone banging this drum. The young man led the B1G in completion percentage... AM is plenty good enough to win 7-9 games. He's better than Armstrong, better than T-Magic. AM is the least of NU's offensive issues.
Let’s talk after you review his turnovers and failed offensive drives. Trust me, there’s cause for concern.

The 27 fumbles didn't help any.

ou are entitled to your opinion but AM has clearly regressed. He creates zero in opponents based on his throwing. Yes can run if he doesn't fumble it

Just for perspective he had a QBR of 139.5 as a freshman when he averaged 29 passes per game vs 19 this year. You think if AM was threat that Frost wouldn't throw more?
Do you not believe the O-Line and offensive weapons are equal to his freshman year?

We are welcome to our opinion. Most of us know what opinions are like...

I will choose to believe that AM has what it takes and that NU is moving forward. Addition of more play makers on the outside and continuing to improve O-Line play is key.

I can find statistics to prove my points, and you can all find them to assist yours. At the end of the day I support AM and think he has what it takes to be a very good college quarterback.

We are welcome to our opinion. Most of us know what opinions are like...

I will choose to believe that AM has what it takes and that NU is moving forward. Addition of more play makers on the outside and continuing to improve O-Line play is key.

I can find statistics to prove my points, and you can all find them to assist yours. At the end of the day I support AM and think he has what it takes to be a very good college quarterback.
Your right. My view is AM will always be mediocre. Mentally not tough and turnover machine buys you 6 or less wins next year

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back