• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I'm struggling to think of a more selfish player than Palmer

ya the tricky thing about it is we don't know what James is coached to do in practice. i would have to assume that he's got an unlimited greenlight in practice. I don't have to know anything about James' to know that he clearly believes that the team wants him to shoot everytime he gets it. is that selfish? maybe. certainly it would be if Miles is asking him to pass and he's choosing not to. but either way, James can only do in a game what he's permitted to do. if he's permitted to step back jack, then whose fault is that?

glynn watson 74 assists, james palmer 68 assists. top 2 assist guys on our team. id expect more from watson,since he is a point guard.

glynn watson 74 assists, james palmer 68 assists. top 2 assist guys on our team. id expect more from watson,since he is a point guard.
I really think Miles told both of these guys that they are going to have to carry the team. I think Borchardt and Roby are doing a better job of carrying the team from their roles. So I'm not going to blame Palmer for his shots - if Miles thinks he's doing the wrong thing, he'll take him out of the game or lock him out of the Hendricks Center or something.

EDIT: Waiting for Thomas Allen to stop deferring to Watson and Palmer - I think his game is just as solid, but he's a better spot-up shooter.

Last edited:

I agree Allen and Roby need to shoot more when they get open looks
Roby needs to catch and shoot, not catch, hesitate, ball fake, jab step, then try to slash past his guy. Instead of making his game about being the explosive guy who is first off the floor, he’s nullifying that by dribbling into a crowd.

Roby needs to catch and shoot, not catch, hesitate, ball fake, jab step, then try to slash past his guy. Instead of making his game about being the explosive guy who is first off the floor, he’s nullifying that by dribbling into a crowd.
Yeah I agree! Seems that has been our philosophy forever to dribble into the lane and put up a horrible shot between 3 defenders. I don't know why teams foul Palmer, he is more apt to score from free throw line than going to the rim. It's never drive to draw defenders then kick out to open shooter. Do that a few times and the middle will open up.

Forgetting Petteway apparently. Biggest ball hog in husker basketball history. Game killer unless he was totally on. Took everyone else out of the game. I didn't watch last night. But mostly Palmer hasn't been a ball hog at all. Maybe changing now, but maybe coached too.

Forgetting Petteway apparently. Biggest ball hog in husker basketball history. Game killer unless he was totally on. Took everyone else out of the game. I didn't watch last night. But mostly Palmer hasn't been a ball hog at all. Maybe changing now, but maybe coached too.

I agree petteway was a much bigger ball hog.
Palmer has just been off. He could probably pass a little more but not the worse.

Palmer has played point for Nebraska, not like Petteway did to get the ball in the scorer's hands, but to start plays and get assists. I think it was 3 games ago that Palmer was having trouble shooting and changed his approach that game to distributing the ball and rebounding. I like Palmer, but he's in a tough place and his shot isn't falling. I like Copeland more. :(

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back