• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Illinois Week Practice Thread: 27 August. Travel Day

My feeling is that one back will start with the idea to give him 20-25 carries. If he is ineffective, we will see another.

This is a quite a bit different philosophy from what we have seen from Frost in the past. It seemed like he was more in the having a 15 carry guy as a main back.

It harkens back to the days of Tom Osborne and as we both know is pretty much the norm for the B1G.

It also tells me they are serious about a downhill rushing game as many of us have speculated may happen

It makes sense for a lot of reasons.

Like I said above competition will be fierce week in and week out which is good

Last edited:

It harkens back to the days of Tom Osborne and as we both know is pretty much the norm for the B1G.

It also tells me they are serious about a downhill rushing game as many of us have speculated may happen

It makes sense for a lot of reasons.

Like I said above competition will be fierce week in and week out which is good

Yeah, if you watch any vintage games all the way through TO's tenure. The #1 back generally carried the ball on the first 3 series of the game and then they would bring in the back up for the 4th series. If the game got out of hand then we would see 3rd and 4th string.

Occasionally there was a little more of a #1 and 1A like the We Backs but for the most part if they needed a back to tote the rock 25x a game that is what they did.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back