• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Illinois Practice (9/17/19) Defensive Coaches & Players

Listened to the Chinander presser just now and I've got a legit complaint: in this day and age of technology and football money, can't the University find a semi-quiet place to conduct post-practice interviews? Sounds like a bus station in there. You can never hear the question and have to decipher what it may have been based the answer. Just sayin'.

Listened to the Chinander presser just now and I've got a legit complaint: in this day and age of technology and football money, can't the University find a semi-quiet place to conduct post-practice interviews? Sounds like a bus station in there. You can never hear the question and have to decipher what it may have been based the answer. Just sayin'.

It's true. I don't know how the coaches and players actually hear the questions. Just fyi, listening to it with earbuds or headphones does improve your ability to hear the questions - and the chatter too, I suppose.

I believe the powers that be actually don't you you (the public) to hear the question being asked. That's why it's mic'ed exactly how it is.

Last edited:

And why exactly wouldn't they want us to hear the question?

Great question. Wish I knew.

Not to get too conspiratorial about it, but if you go back a couple years, on a lot of presser recordings, they'd mic both the question and the response. Then Bo and Dirk had a couple run ins. Yada, yada yada. Now we can't hear the questions anymore.

And I'm not assuming this is an OWH thing. I think it's common practice by most media outlets these days.

I mean – a full transcript of a presser, plus the insights you get here on Hmax. Why would anyone need to subscribe to the OWH anymore?

:Sarcasm:

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back