• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Illini Player Seriously Hurt

Horrible news. Sending prayers his way. There doesn't appear to be any information yet on what specifically happened to cause the injury.

Swimming spinal injuries are always related to compressive trauma on the c-spine from hitting an object on the top of your head. Usually the result of diving headfirst into shallow water.

I remember watching on of the Illini's games, might have even been against Nebraska and the announcers were talking about how young Illinois was, they had something like 58 underclassman on the roster. Who knows what will happen with this young man, but I hope the spine is just 'stunned'.

It says swimming related. When I hear that and spinal injury I almost always think diving into shallow water. However, who really knows?
Swimming spinal injuries are always related to compressive trauma on the c-spine from hitting an object on the top of your head. Usually the result of diving headfirst into shallow water.
I was wondering where and how it happened though. A swimming pool, on a boat, off of a dock, etc.? Was he diving, did he slip, was he pushed? I may be more curious than most since I live in the area, and I wonder where specifically it happened. I haven't seen anything yet on the local news about it.

i'd love to read this thread but i'm distracted by 3 ad boxes on the right hand side, all playing the exact same video. Awesome!

i'd love to read this thread but i'm distracted by 3 ad boxes on the right hand side, all playing the exact same video. Awesome!View attachment 24218
This is the irritating message I keep getting.

“HuskerMax is your go-to spot for everything you ever wanted to know about the huskers. We know ads aren't your favorite, but we promise to keep them non-intrusive. Please consider turning off your adblocker on Huskermax.com and supporting our site. Thank”

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back