• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ILB Rodney Groce Jr Will Annonce This Friday 4 October (OV For Ohio State Game)

RR.........you were correct all along. Groce is now verbally committed to the Huskers. More and more it's becoming blatantly evident this coaching staff can, and will, make it happen - Husker FB will be a team to be reckoned with in the NEAR future. I'm hopeful we'll see more top level commitments and notable increases in performance.

How tall is this kid, I have seen him listed as tall as 6'3" and N2FL says he is 5'11". The pick of him next to Ruud shows him to be shorter than Ruud and he is about 6'2".

Last edited:

Almost a 35 inch vertical... that is pretty insane for his size

Everyone’s getting caught up on the 40 time...
1) 5 flat electric is not as terrible as people think for MLB... it’s just not a pro combine time but I’m sure it was fluky
2) old strength trainer told me that vert is a better indicator of athletic ability and actually

His Vert would’ve been top 10 amongst linebackers in this years draft... kid will be a baller

1) 5 flat electric is not as terrible as people think for MLB... it’s just not a pro combine time but I’m sure it was fluky
2) old strength trainer told me that vert is a better indicator of athletic ability and actually

His Vert would’ve been top 10 amongst linebackers in this years draft... kid will be a baller

electronic time like that isn't terrible and it could be a lack of familiarity with the testing system they were using, or a slow track, or a ad day. Whatever his speed, he's decisive in finding the ball carrier and filling gaps -- he gets where he needs to go fast.

I look at vertical jump as the gold standard of the gold standard of anyone whose job it is to rush the passer, but it also is great for any defensive player, really. 35" is great, and we have an example of a great vertical in the last class as well. Luke Reimer had a 37" vertical at 220

Trust me, he doesnt play slow. He plays with speed and a high level of aggression. He is quick enough where he is not only utilized on the inside, but his film shows him covering the slot and also being used as an edge rusher. And he's got burst. Like this kid. He is what we need on the inside and he's almost ready-made with his 235lb frame.

In conclusion...not worried about speed or height.

And yes...love that vert!

Last edited:

There is a commitment thread not sure why this one is still getting so much traffic

I see that on one recruiting site that we are in a battle to hang on to him. He is listed as a 'riser'.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back