• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ILB Rodney Groce Jr Will Annonce This Friday 4 October (OV For Ohio State Game)

RR is certainly correct in that "one game won't make a difference.....". Frost and staff do have a plan, the plan is in progress and the plan will take time. Fans need to respectfully show patience and know that patience will not be afforded immediate. I think the frustration has built up for a number of years in that so many fans want to enjoy Husker football again, not 64-10 wins again, but enjoy solid performances and competitive games that don't end with fans shaking their heads as to that "what happened again?" feeling.

If, after the Saturday night debacle, the Huskers can get Groce to sign the coaching staff could sell ice to Eskimos !

The world is never as simple as we want to make it. For every negative, there is a positive. Not every recruit is motivated by the same things. Some recruits may not consider going to a school that is in a rebuilding phase. Instead, they might want to go to a school that is already at the top.

Others will rush at the opportunity to be a part of that rebuild, especially if it means a better chance of early playing time. Some are sold by the coaching staff; believe that the coach and his staff really care about him as a person. A great relationship with a staff coupled with the likelihood of early playing time? Not a bad combination, if you ask me. Especially if you believe the coach can turn the program around and that the fans will stand behind the coach to complete that process.

The world is never as simple as we want to make it. For every negative, there is a positive. Not every recruit is motivated by the same things. Some recruits may not consider going to a school that is in a rebuilding phase. Instead, they might want to go to a school that is already at the top.

Others will rush at the opportunity to be a part of that rebuild, especially if it means a better chance of early playing time. Some are sold by the coaching staff; believe that the coach and his staff really care about him as a person. A great relationship with a staff coupled with the likelihood of early playing time? Not a bad combination, if you ask me. Especially if you believe the coach can turn the program around and that the fans will stand behind the coach to complete that process.

Well that last sentence remains to be seen.

Winning helps....no other way to put it. Will certain kids look past a poor performance? Sure...but some will take notice and try and determine if they want to be a part of some unknown. The 5* guys are not knocking down the door of 4-8 and 48-7. But, there is plenty of talent available and the goal is to stock the program with consistent talent and hard workers.

I think of Wisky and what they have gotten done the last 10 years or so with recruiting rankings averaging about 35-40 year in and year out. They consistently finish seasons ranked well ahead of their recruiting classes would indicate. That is a system at work and working...something I think SF can generate given enough time.

Nebraska should be better than they are....no other way to put it. But I don't put too much stock on who's to blame....to me SF is the answer. If he can't make it work in Lincoln with his experience and pedigree, I'm not sure anyone can. It may be that Nebraska just settles into an also ran program as sad as that is for me to say.

It may take a decade to get it right....is Husker nation willing to wait it out? With anyone else, no...with SF....probably. I honestly think were 1- 2 years from a West run. Heck, we could do it this year but to date our performance says probably not.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back