• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ILB Rodney Groce Decommits From Nebraska

This is a big loss. You guys are in on some really good kids like Kaden Johnson, Choe Bryant-Strother, Desmond Tisdol, Jared Ivey, Latarie Kinsler, Mister Williams, Devyn Curtis and are trying to get a visit to try and flip Brennon Scott, but it's not good to be stuck at no ILB's when you want at least two (and one overall when you want up to five more) and you're a month and a half from the early signing period when 90% of kids sign now.

I wonder how much out team getting their teeth kicked in, 2 out of 3 games affected his decision. I hate to even mention that, cause im usually pretty positive about these things, but im just wondering, if this happens had we won both those games.?

I hope the rest of the class stays together and that Groce will be the only commit we lose this cycle. Is anyone else in the 2020 class known to be wavering at this time?

This is exactly why I just don't get hyped over recruiting. It happens way to often. When the recruits actually sign their LOI, that's when I start to get interested. Best of luck to the guy. I'm not upset about his decision, as it is his life, none of ours. It's just the way the cookie crumbles, and not worth worrying or being upset about.

I’m glad that my living doesn’t depend on the whims of 18 year old kids. I can’t even comprehend how bad I would be at kissing butts of these high school kids. However, these coaches do make a lot more money than I do.

I wonder how much out team getting their teeth kicked in, 2 out of 3 games affected his decision. I hate to even mention that, cause im usually pretty positive about these things, but im just wondering, if this happens had we won both those games.?
IMO, absolutely zero. He was a huge Mississippi State lean but they were done recruiting LB. But when Mississippi State themselves lost a 4* LB to Tennessee, he decommits within a week. I am not saying he will end up at MSU, but I guarantee he will end up in the South, where he is from. And if he doesn't it even shows more he really didn't want to end up a husker. Again, JMO.

IMO, absolutely zero. He was a huge Mississippi State lean but they were done recruiting LB. But when Mississippi State themselves lost a 4* LB to Tennessee, he decommits within a week. I am not saying he will end up at MSU, but I guarantee he will end up in the South, where he is from. And if he doesn't it even shows more he really didn't want to end up a husker. Again, JMO.

And it's not like Miss St is having a good year either. And there are rumors that Rutgers is going to go after their coach.

And it's not like Miss St is having a good year either. And there are rumors that Rutgers is going to go after their coach
I don’t think it had zero to do with it. If he’s committed to Alabama or Ohio State not so sure this happens.

That said, it’s where he wanted to go from the jump so I wouldn’t blame it on that.

This is a big loss. You guys are in on some really good kids like Kaden Johnson, Choe Bryant-Strother, Desmond Tisdol, Jared Ivey, Latarie Kinsler, Mister Williams, Devyn Curtis and are trying to get a visit to try and flip Brennon Scott, but it's not good to be stuck at no ILB's when you want at least two (and one overall when you want up to five more) and you're a month and a half from the early signing period when 90% of kids sign now.

Do you know the actual percentage? My guess was more like 75%. Glad there are some options yet.

Do you know the actual percentage? My guess was more like 75%. Glad there are some options yet.

I don't know for sure. I do know that 90%+ of kids committed end up signing during the early signing period.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back