• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ILB Rodney Groce Decommits From Nebraska

Its unusual that we've had basically no flips. Would seem realistic to expect us to lose someone from this current 14

Last edited:
Bad news considering it's a position of need. But the lack of decommits since Frost took over has been remarkable. The only public ones I can think of are Thomas Grayson and Tony Fair who I believe we cooled on first. Jevontae Jean-Baptiste in 2018 was a silent commit who flipped last minute to Urban.

Only stands to reason we'd eventually have a decommit or two. But who knows, Frost could keep him in the boat.

If the kid doesnt want to be here, then so be it. But this is an even bigger loss because of the position he plays.

That was quick. Decommited

hilarious. I’ll never understand the point of committing somewhere to flip immediately afterward. I also know my parents would have given me an ass chewing like none other because my word and integrity is >

He could be the next Barrett Ruud but, we still need to sign more 4 star athletes that won't take 2-3 years to get to B1G competitive level. Like the 4 freshman D-lineman Alabama has starting for them. Full up 4 star rounds ready to contribute. Just saying that allot people get excited about the 3 stars we sign but we have allot of those that aren't panning out, yet. I know we have offered allot of 4-5 stars H.S. players but to get to the B1G championship we got to sign more 4 and our first [in a looong time] 5 star athletes. Guys that won't take most of their college career to be contributors or starters. If we don't, IMO, HCSF is going to find it harder to win a championship than he thought. [I think he knows now]. I don't agree with those that say we will never sign mostly 4 star athletes like teams in the SEC and ACC. I think we can. T.O. did. We signed 8 [of 27] last year and we can get more, especially if we start winning more games than we lose. We signed six 4-stars in 2017 and 2018 but one is off the team. It may take a couple more years.

Last edited:

There are other linebackers out there to recruit. Wish he would have stuck with us, but tons of good players out there, just have to find them.

There are other linebackers out there to recruit. Wish he would have stuck with us, but tons of good players out there, just have to find them.
Name 3 or 4 highly ranked linebackers who Nebraska has a real chance of reeling in. I'm talking high 3** or 4****.

Not saying I'm for or against the practice, but it's situations like this that I think about when teams like Alabama, Michigan, LSU, Georgia and others catch flack for recruiting over someone. Door swings both ways.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back