• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

ILB Rodney Groce Decommits From Nebraska

RR.........you were correct all along. Groce is now verbally committed to the Huskers. More and more it's becoming blatantly evident this coaching staff can, and will, make it happen - Husker FB will be a team to be reckoned with in the NEAR future. I'm hopeful we'll see more top level commitments and notable increases in performance.

He shows nice instincts and a good feel for moving in traffic and finding the ball carrier. He also looks physically ready to play and film shows him stepping in and holding his own against blockers, so could probably step in fast to play, provided he gets the mental aspect down.

Speed looks decent. Have to watch so he doesn't gain too much weight and slow down and become a 2 down player.

RR.........you were correct all along. Groce is now verbally committed to the Huskers. More and more it's becoming blatantly evident this coaching staff can, and will, make it happen - Husker FB will be a team to be reckoned with in the NEAR future. I'm hopeful we'll see more top level commitments and notable increases in performance.
every time we've gotten a recruit for the last 10 years its considered a "big get" and we are supposedly "killing it" . Lets dont get ahead of ourselves. Kid looks promising and Im glad we've got him. But so did the last 200 guys we were all excited about landing over the last 10 yrs this time of year. We shall see....

every time we've gotten a recruit for the last 10 years its considered a "big get" and we are supposedly "killing it" . Lets dont get ahead of ourselves. Kid looks promising and Im glad we've got him. But so did the last 200 guys we were all excited about landing over the last 10 yrs this time of year. We shall see....
Why would you come in and take a dump in a kid's commitment thread? Don't you have something better to do, like breaking a rock or counting the worms in your yard?

Why would you come in and take a dump in a kid's commitment thread? Don't you have something better to do, like breaking a rock or counting the worms in your yard?

Exactly, and this is precisely the kind of recruiting battle we need to win regularly in order to compete at a higher level. Great offers, physically ready to play, out of the heart of SEC country. Really nice job by the coaches and happy to have him in the class!

I'm not drinking gallons of the big red koolaid nor do I think Groce is the sole answer to the prayers of the defense. I only hope he's another recruit that helps to make the Huskers more competitive and improve the roster. Bit by bit, day by day, etc., that's all I'm asking for - get better and produce a competitive product on the field with quality young men that are an honor to their families and UNL.

Exciting pickup. His senior film looks great. When he’s got his “target” in his sites he gets there fast and hits hard.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back