• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If we happen to lose to NIU...

If we happen to lose tomorrow to NIU, I will get an NIU tattoo on my bum, and have RDR be the one to apply it with a rusty needle no less. I currently live in the Arizona desert, just incase.

Last year Northwestern lost to Duke and Akron and went on to win the West. If we lose, our goals would still be intact, but my level of concern would be very high.

So, this week we have nothing more than a glorified scrimmage. N. Illinois has a new head coach, so we all know that teams with a new head coach are in transition. Haven't had time to recruit their players, install the offense, build defensive depth, S&C etc etc. Like Colorado. Anyway.

They are hard to pull too many recruiting details on as most services don't even display their signing class. Overall however they have zero 4* recruits. They have managed to recruit 14 3*'s over the last 4 years. Their depth is non-existent. Yet they beat us 2 years ago. I know, Riley.

So to answer your question, I would have to ask Riley to take off the Frost mask. Even giving them a chance against Frost year 2 is embarrassing; which I'm not.

I wouldn’t call any game a glorified scrimmage at this point. Maybe it SHOULD be, if all was right with the world. But this is 2019 and over the past 15 years we fired all the coaches that handily beat teams we were supposed to beat. We are starting from scratch to build a better future.

Having said that, the NIU game was over in the first half after two pick sixes early pretty much sealed our fate. Late in the game, with a chance to perhaps have a late comeback, a third interception put a bow on the package for NIU. Dropped passes, poor blocking, and we couldn’t buy a PI from the officials.

But that’s behind us now. If NU can’t win this game, even bowl eligibility will seem like a distant dream.

I wouldn’t call any game a glorified scrimmage at this point. Maybe it SHOULD be, if all was right with the world. But this is 2019 and over the past 15 years we fired all the coaches that handily beat teams we were supposed to beat. We are starting from scratch to build a better future.

Having said that, the NIU game was over in the first half after two pick sixes early pretty much sealed our fate. Late in the game, with a chance to perhaps have a late comeback, a third interception put a bow on the package for NIU. Dropped passes, poor blocking, and we couldn’t buy a PI from the officials.

But that’s behind us now. If NU can’t win this game, even bowl eligibility will seem like a distant dream.

I can appreciate your views. Not to be overly nit picky, but we aren't exactly starting from scratch. Scott's been her for 19 months now. I know I know. Takes years and years. But not exactly from scratch. This is a must win game imo.

I can appreciate your views. Not to be overly nit picky, but we aren't exactly starting from scratch. Scott's been her for 19 months now. I know I know. Takes years and years. But not exactly from scratch. This is a must win game imo.

To clarify, I am suggesting we started last year from scratch after 15 years of tearing the program down to nothing but a shell of its former glory.

Some people believe that one season should have been enough to take the rubble and convert it into a championship caliber team. I’m not one of them. I know it has happened in some places in the past. But that is not the norm and should not be expected.

I agree it is a must win game. Must keep the pitchforks away long enough to rebuild the program.

To clarify, I am suggesting we started last year from scratch after 15 years of tearing the program down to nothing but a shell of its former glory.

Some people believe that one season should have been enough to take the rubble and convert it into a championship caliber team. I’m not one of them. I know it has happened in some places in the past. But that is not the norm and should not be expected.

I agree it is a must win game. Must keep the pitchforks away long enough to rebuild the program.
I get all that and am not being the lease but adversarial. But there’s a lot in between rubble and championship caliber. Like simple improvement.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back