• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If we don't have a new HC...

Women's Volleyball championship is the 17th. I expect an announcement right after.
Cook’s football coaching experience and expertise, like his in volleyball, is on defense. I would be interested in knowing who his OC would be before I could say this is a home run hire.

Cook’s football coaching experience and expertise, like his in volleyball, is on defense. I would be interested in knowing who his OC would be before I could say this is a home run hire.

And the DC, special teams coordinator, S&C coach, Oline coach, LB coach, RB coach, safties and corners coach, TE coach, waterboy/girl. Kickoff tee retrieval guy/gal.

Last edited:
If we don't have a new HC by this time next week, does it mean -
1. Our new HC is still coaching for a conference championship
2. We're still in contract negotiations
3. Trev completely struck out and MJ will be named the permanent HC before next weekend
If it's #1, that could be a good thing, although Husker Nation will be in full melt-down mode. If it's #2, things are getting dicey. If it's #3, we're likely going to be a middle of the pack team, at best, for the foreseeable future. Granted, "middle of the pack" is much better than we've been but it's still falls short of what the program is capable of. At a minimum, with the team's facilities and support, we should at least be in the conversation for conference championships. IMO, Alberts has done a superb job of keeping the lid on this search and has things under control. Don't want to dwell too much on the alternative to this, it'd be too painful.
We'll know but Sunday, Monday at the latest.

Why do some just assume if Mickey were to be HC, that NU will suck? How do we know that? Based on this teams success, and lack of? Ahh, hell no. He has a crap OC, no DC, and some other crap coaches on staff. What if he killed it? You don’t know until it happens. Urban Meyer himself, thrust into this situation, might win 2 more games, and he’s one of the better coaches ever. Personally, it’s hard for me to judge him based on all the ramifications surrounding this complete mess of a program that he didn’t create. I’m sure he’d clean house, work hard, and recruit his ass off. No possible way to know. I love the unknown about sports. See who steps up, and who steps in ****.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back