• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If there is a college football season......

dparks

Varsity
20 Year Member
....will the sellout streak end? I would think it would (I know I’m not going to any games this year) as a lot of people will still be worried about the China Virus lingering around. Thoughts? Also, sorry if this was already talked about?but I didn’t see anything about it.

....will the sellout streak end? I would think it would (I know I’m not going to any games this year) as a lot of people will still be worried about the China Virus lingering around. Thoughts? Also, sorry if this was already talked about?but I didn’t see anything about it.

Lots of variables surrounding the Wuhan Virus. If we get good anti-body test out quickly and are able to discover and isolated people infected more effectively we might have a football season and we might keep the streak alive. BUT more likely the Wuhan virus is still specter this summer and either football season is canceled or at minimum played without fans.

I think the big worry looking out is that starting in late fall and winter the Wuhan virus makes a comeback and we could be in the middle of another outbreak in Oct or Nov.

Let's hope we can beat the Wuhan virus back and get on with our lives and some normalcy like college football soon.

All this time and people still don't understand the sellout streak.

It is exactly that...seats sold, not butts in seats.

Even if it does end, there will be a giant asterisk for 2020 that everyone would understand and accept.

Even if it does end, there will be a giant asterisk for 2020 that everyone would understand and accept.

I don't know about everyone else but yeah I get that.

And I think 2020 will have a giant asterisk next to it for life in general due to the Wuhan virus :)

It is going to be a weird fall with no football. That means no Super Bowl either. The upside is we don’t hear about Tom Brady until next summer!

Trust me, I understand the streak. I remember games where it was lucky that there were 75% of the seats "occupied by butts" but was still a sellout. So I guess you will push to the front of the line to purchase tickets for tens of thousands of home game seats that will NOT be occupied? Good for you!!!! You are truly an inspiration!

Not disagreeing but it is like the very last "old school" Nebraska thing we have left....bowl streak: OVER, winning seasons: OVER, Players drafted in NFL: OVER, 9 win seasons: OVER. etc,etc,etc.....It is all we have left.

I get what you’re saying. But nothing lasts forever. For any program, anyone. I would trade a few of those sellout seasons for more championships. Let’s not worry about that yet. I do think that Ireland game will get postponed. Our next home opener needs to be at home. For reals.

If the season is cancelled, will the athletic dept refund season ticket fees or hold them over until next year?

It is going to be a weird fall with no football. That means no Super Bowl either. The upside is we don’t hear about Tom Brady until next summer!
It's kind of homer amazing now that he's gonna be in Tampa I like him for the first time. We always twist our reality and prejudice to fit what helps or includes our team. Oh well, works for me.
THROW DA BONES GO HUSKERS

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back