• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If the season is cancelled, what happens to recruiting?

Indeed, a prized recruit deciding between UNL, who isn't going to have a season (as it is looking right now), and S Carolina, who appears to be playing, certainly gives the Gamecocks a huge advantage and I'm not sure how you could argue that away...

Indeed, a prized recruit deciding between UNL, who isn't going to have a season (as it is looking right now), and S Carolina, who appears to be playing, certainly gives the Gamecocks a huge advantage and I'm not sure how you could argue that away...
Why the advantage? The prized recruit isn't playing for either team anyway, as he is still a SR in high-school. I guess one advantage could be that he could "maybe" (If the NCAA is going to allow official visits, which is doubtful, or teams are going to be allowed to have fans at games, which he could go as but can't be on the field cause of no official visits) attend a SC game. But I do see where the coaches at the conferences will use the B1G and Pac-12's stupidity against them. But Nebraska is getting a lot of press right now, good and bad, but all of it with a consistent message: "We want to play football and are exploring ALL options at this time." That is being seen by all people right now, including prospective athletes. The talking heads out there, even while piling it on negatively to NU, are still showing the intensity that the Husker program has for wanting to play football and the passion it has for its players. This will not hurt us with future prospects, IMO. At least not to the degree as it will hurt the other B1G teams sitting on their rears sucking their thumbs and not saying anything. Again, all JMO.

If we end up having to reach more because of all of this i hope we reach on the local guys who wanna be here. Offer the Nate Bazata, Drew Ott, Cade Habermanns of the world over the Terrel Clinkscales types, if you know what i mean.

Remember the year Bo reached on like 4 NOLA kids late, rather than some in-staters who went on to have successful college careers. Those NOLA kids were all booted within 2 weeks of stepping on campus.

And not just singling out Bo every staff has been guilty of it.

Last edited:
That guys a moron. They were screaming that "we didn't even try to have football for the fall" and blamed it on people still going to bars.

I would turn 1620 off once 2pm starts. You'll be better off.

Can't agree enough.
Severe/Benning OK.
Sharp OK.
After 2:00 pm? Trash.

That guys a moron. They were screaming that "we didn't even try to have football for the fall" and blamed it on people still going to bars.

I would turn 1620 off once 2pm starts. You'll be better off.

I like listening to some of the guests on there, like Mike Schafer for instance. I usually listen to Chris Schmidt. I like Sharp, then Severe and Benning, then USC. I do like Josh.

If someone enrolls early for the 2021 season, AND there is spring season football... can the 2021 player play the 2020 season that's now in Spring 2021? Four game redshirt? Me head hurt.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back