• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If I were in charge...

4 conferences of 10 teams each. Every conference is a round robin. Best two teams from each conference advance to an 8-team playoff. Everybody else can drop to G5 / FCS or NAIA, for all I care.

I picked teams based on historical wins, relevance, and trophies. There are a handful of fringe teams who you could make a case for, but it's not like this would ever happen anyway. Current conference alignment means nothing.

WESTCENTRALEASTSOUTH
ArizonaArkansasBoston CollegeAlabama
Arizona StateIowaMichiganAuburn
CaliforniaLSUMichigan StateClemson
ColoradoMinnesotaNotre DameFlorida
OregonMissouriOhio StateFlorida State
StanfordNebraskaPenn StateGeorgia
UCLAOklahomaPittGeorgia Tech
USCTexasSyracuseMiami
UtahTexas A&MVirginia TechNorth Carolina
WashingtonWisconsinWest VirginiaTennessee
What the hell did Ga Tech do to deserve that much hatred from you?

4 conferences of 10 teams each. Every conference is a round robin. Best two teams from each conference advance to an 8-team playoff. Everybody else can drop to G5 / FCS or NAIA, for all I care.

I picked teams based on historical wins, relevance, and trophies. There are a handful of fringe teams who you could make a case for, but it's not like this would ever happen anyway. Current conference alignment means nothing.

WESTCENTRALEASTSOUTH
ArizonaArkansasBoston CollegeAlabama
Arizona StateIowaMichiganAuburn
CaliforniaLSUMichigan StateClemson
ColoradoMinnesotaNotre DameFlorida
OregonMissouriOhio StateFlorida State
StanfordNebraskaPenn StateGeorgia
UCLAOklahomaPittGeorgia Tech
USCTexasSyracuseMiami
UtahTexas A&MVirginia TechNorth Carolina
WashingtonWisconsinWest VirginiaTennessee

@DuckTownHusker for… NCAA President? College Football Executive Director? Grand Poobah?

How about if you are at the bottom of your conference for like 2 years you get dropped out of the big conferences and the top team from the lower conference gets elevated...or make it really interesting and the team that finishes last in each conference gets dropped and the top for from the lower conference get elevated.

I guess schedules would be done year by year then?

I think the "biggest driver" of realignment will be ...COVID!

If you realign, as suggested in poster, above, every team should be a 1-day's drive from all the teams in the division(s) and then players/coaches can take busses everywhere--save money (no airplane rides) and fans can also motorcoach together or, make a 1-day drive--hence, we protect the virus spreading by keeping families/teams/coaches "together." Then, before fans disembark from their vehicles, we all wear space suits like the "bat lady" does in Wuhan, before we make the trek to the stadium(s). (P.S. I almost stayed up all night, last night, to come up with this brilliant, if I say so myself, idea!)

Last edited:

If you realign, as suggested in poster, above, every team should be a 1-day's drive from all the teams in the division(s) and then players/coaches can take busses everywhere--save money (no airplane rides) and fans can also motorcoach together or, make a 1-day drive--hence, we protect the virus spreading by keeping families/teams/coaches "together." Then, before fans disembark from their vehicles, we all wear space suits like the "bat lady" does in Wuhan, before we make the trek to the stadium(s). (P.S. I almost stayed up all night, last night, to come up with this brilliant, if I say so myself, idea!)
Should have went to bed

Team bus!!

unnamed.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back