• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

If I didn't know better, I'd say...

The replay showed it did not happen. Scott should be standing behind his player when it did not happen.

Are you talking OSU or Minn?

Minn certainly happened and while I haven’t seen video that shows OSU clearly the fact that the refs, conference, and his coach have all disciplined him doesn’t look good.

Last edited:
West Texas Husker said it in another thread. "Trying to compete in a NASCAR race using Formula 1 equipment".

+1
He brought the UCF scheme with him and it was successful in that conference and he had more than enough athletes in the surrounding area to pull it off. In the 80's and 90's the option separated us from others teams because it was so different and we had players in the area to be very good at it---just had to get a few skilled athletes to make it work.

I'm not sure the finesse quick strike scheme will work here in this conference? I will put my faith in his decisions and carry on-- he will figure it out. GBR

Are you talking OSU or Minn?

Minn certainly happened and while I haven’t seen video that shows OSU clearly the fact that the refs, conference, and his coach have all disciplined him doesn’t look good.
Minnesota. i'll have to look at it again, because I didn't see it the first two times I watched it.

All coaches know you have to play against the refs if you want to win. That umpire and his homer B1G crew is flag happy against NU and he conveniently swallows whistles against our opponents. I've never cared for this guy. Our offensive penalties disrupted every drive that started out promising. Good blowouts usually have a little imbalance in flags. Until you become a nuisance asking for clarifications and complete formal challenges post game at this level, you won't find many breaks. But they start to dry up a bit when you become a bureaucratic thorn in their side. Nebraska just takes it each week, but you can be confident when Urban was at OSU they contested everything. Its a game all to itself.

Last edited:

Part of what made Oregon so good (Kelly/Frost) was a lightning fast RUN game. And one that relied on a lot of misdirection. Oregon used spread schemes to get defenders all over the place and then shoot the gaps.

The logic here is big hole + fast guy = lots of yards.

The problem is twofold. First, our guys aren't fast enough compared to the defenses we face. We're not outright slow, but we don't create enough space+speed to get that run threat to be taken seriously. And then we die in the air since we get forced into 3rd and longs.

The second part is that Big Ten defendes are BIG. Much bigger than Pac-12 or whatever midmajor conference UCF plays in. In fact, B1G defenses are probably the meatiest goons in college football. They might be a tick slower than SEC defenses, but none of that matters when the pocket instantly collapses under the weight of four Chevy Silverado-sized men every play.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back