• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Idiocy of the highest order

Huskerthom

All Big 10
10 Year Member
Living in DC we get a lot of news about UMD. Today they were talking about their alternate unis. They are throw backs so that is not the news. The news is that they will wear them in their Homecoming game against... wait for it. Michigan. WHAT???? Why would a bottom feeder school shedule an elite team for homecoming? Everyone excluding OSU (including us) would be a better choice right now than MI. What were they thinking???

1) They don't care if they win or lose their homecoming game.
2) They will get a better attendance at homecoming if they play a named program.
3) The people planning Homecoming are separate, distinct and detached from the athletic department/football program.
4) All of the above?

1) They don't care if they win or lose their homecoming game.
2) They will get a better attendance at homecoming if they play a named program.
3) The people planning Homecoming are separate, distinct and detached from the athletic department/football program.
4) All of the above?

this is pretty much the list I think.

That said, don't sleep on Maryland this year, they could be dangerous. That whole area has lots of talent and their recruiting has been good enough to produce a decent team. Remains to be seen what kind of team the new coaches can put on the field, though.

this is pretty much the list I think.

That said, don't sleep on Maryland this year, they could be dangerous. That whole area has lots of talent and their recruiting has been good enough to produce a decent team. Remains to be seen what kind of team the new coaches can put on the field, though.
There is a lot of talent here. I coach in the area and I see it. Yes it is youth, but youth ends at 14. So I see some good athletes. However almost none of them go to UMD. If they go to a "local" school it is VA tech.

There is a lot of talent here. I coach in the area and I see it. Yes it is youth, but youth ends at 14. So I see some good athletes. However almost none of them go to UMD. If they go to a "local" school it is VA tech.

I'm sure that was part of why the B10 wanted to expand there as it opened up some recruiting for the conference in that area (although I think Penn State historically pulled quite a few kids from there)

I seem to see quite a few guys from Maryland make the jump to the NFL. I think they had 4 drafted last year, 2 the year before along with 1 in the first round each year.. yet, the team was awful!

Thom, don’t ever “apologize” or downplay your youth coaching. It is, in the long run, even more impactful than high school coaching. You are helping shape the lives of these young men at a critical stage. I know you don’t need me pointing this out and it’s certainly not a lecture, just don’t sell yourself short even if it’s just to appear humble!!!

Thom, don’t ever “apologize” or downplay your youth coaching. It is, in the long run, even more impactful than high school coaching. You are helping shape the lives of these young men at a critical stage. I know you don’t need me pointing this out and it’s certainly not a lecture, just don’t sell yourself short even if it’s just to appear humble!!!
Be humble and let others lift you up. Nice job Thom!

Be humble and let others lift you up. Nice job Thom!

Agree, he is my favorite HM poster. Is it OK to say that?? We always say who we don't like, perhaps I should start a thread where we list our favorites, besides ourselves of course!

Nothing is worse than having 20k at homecoming. Not a good look if your alumni don’t want to come back.
I love it, Im going to get some cheap tickets to that game. You can get 50 yard line tickets in the lower section for about 100 bucks right now. Some of the ticket prices are in the 20s.

Apparently no one on this site has seen their alternative uniforms.
1566000412907.png

Am I a joke to you?

Not at all but I’m not sure what you mean by that. Just saying that I always enjoy Thom’s posts. Even on the occasions I don’t necessarily agree with what he is saying, he spells things out so well I at least see his point. Nothing more nothing less.

Last edited:

Not at all but I’m not sure what you mean by that. Just saying that I always enjoy Thom’s posts. Even on the occasions I don’t necessarily agree with what he is saying, he spells things out so well I at least see his point. Nothing more nothing less.
Thank you for that. I really do appreciate it.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back