• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ideal 2024 Class

I've done this a few times but usually later in the cycle. I'm gonna put a class together with guys who are at least thinking strongly about Nebraska as of right now.

This will probably look a lot different as the cycle moves forward and new names emerge and guys commit elsewhere, but it should be interesting to see that down the line.

Like always, I'm not including guys like Brandon Baker, Nate Frazier or Jacob Smith because I think they're not likely. So here's my V1.0

QB Danny Kaelin :Nsmilie:
RB Kewan Lacy
WR Gatlin Bair
WR Isaiah McMorris
WR Dae'vonn Hall
WR Jacory Barney Jr.
TE Ian Flynt :Nsmilie:
TE Carter Nelson
OL Gibson Pyle :Nsmilie:
OL Caleb Pyfrom
OL Grant Brix
OL Kaedin Massey
DL Ashton Murphy :Nsmilie:
DL Carlon Jones
DL Joseph Anderson
DL Adam Kissayi
LB Willis McGahee IV :Nsmilie:
LB Gabriel Williams
DB Roger Gradney :Nsmilie:
DB Mario Buford
DB Peyton Morgan
DB William Nettles
Ath. Keelan Smith :Nsmilie:

Are you saying Hall is more likely to be in this class than McMorris?
Yes, this? I was under the impression that McMorris was going to have fewer opportunities and was more likely to end up at UNL. Dae'vonn Hall is slower, but a better athlete, jumper and better hands.

This is just from what I have read and heard in the past.

I've done this a few times but usually later in the cycle. I'm gonna put a class together with guys who are at least thinking strongly about Nebraska as of right now.

This will probably look a lot different as the cycle moves forward and new names emerge and guys commit elsewhere, but it should be interesting to see that down the line.

Like always, I'm not including guys like Brandon Baker, Nate Frazier or Jacob Smith because I think they're not likely. So here's my V1.0

QB Danny Kaelin :Nsmilie:
RB Kewan Lacy
WR Gatlin Bair
WR Isaiah McMorris
WR Dae'vonn Hall
WR Jacory Barney Jr.
TE Ian Flynt :Nsmilie:
TE Carter Nelson
OL Gibson Pyle :Nsmilie:
OL Caleb Pyfrom
OL Grant Brix
OL Kaedin Massey
DL Ashton Murphy :Nsmilie:
DL Carlon Jones
DL Joseph Anderson
DL Adam Kissayi
LB Willis McGahee IV :Nsmilie:
LB Gabriel Williams
DB Roger Gradney :Nsmilie:
DB Mario Buford
DB Peyton Morgan
DB William Nettles
Ath. Keelan Smith :Nsmilie:
Where do you see someone like Eric Ingwerson fitting onto Nebraska's board? Do you think there's any chance or did they wait too long and he's firm to Pittsburgh?

Any possibility of Donald DeFrand (Southeast), Sam Thomas (Elkhorn), Anthony Rezac (Westside), Carson Rauner (Elkhorn South), or even Jackson Williams (Millard West) on earning late offers? Williams is started to blow up a little with D1-AA offers this spring. Apparently has a lot of D1 camps lined up this summer. He has that track speed that Rhule likes, but he plays baseball in the spring.

Where do you see someone like Eric Ingwerson fitting onto Nebraska's board? Do you think there's any chance or did they wait too long and he's firm to Pittsburgh?

Any possibility of Donald DeFrand (Southeast), Sam Thomas (Elkhorn), Anthony Rezac (Westside), Carson Rauner (Elkhorn South), or even Jackson Williams (Millard West) on earning late offers? Williams is started to blow up a little with D1-AA offers this spring. Apparently has a lot of D1 camps lined up this summer. He has that track speed that Rhule likes, but he plays baseball in the spring.

IIRC isn't Eric Ingwerson scheduled to visit? I wonder if they might like the idea of growing him into a tackle? Depending on Nelson, I can't see them bringing in three TEs in this class.

Are guys like DeFrand, Rezac and Williams planning to camp in Lincoln?

I think it really depends on how their board shakes out with other guys as to if anymore '24s get offers. They might be at their limit there with an eye on PWOs.

I can only imagine how irked Rhule is over missing on guys like Rezac and Ingwerson, but early evaluations won't be an issue moving forward after he has an offseason under his belt. All things considered, he's going to do really well in-state this year and after he shows incremental progress on the field this year and then beyond, IMPO he's going to put a fence around the state.

IIRC isn't Eric Ingwerson scheduled to visit? I wonder if they might like the idea of growing him into a tackle? Depending on Nelson, I can't see them bringing in three TEs in this class.

Are guys like DeFrand, Rezac and Williams planning to camp in Lincoln?

I think it really depends on how their board shakes out with other guys as to if anymore '24s get offers. They might be at their limit there with an eye on PWOs.

I can only imagine how irked Rhule is over missing on guys like Rezac and Ingwerson, but early evaluations won't be an issue moving forward after he has an offseason under his belt. All things considered, he's going to do really well in-state this year and after he shows incremental progress on the field this year and then beyond, IMPO he's going to put a fence around the state.
Ingwerson was scheduled to visit mid-June, but there's speculation he'll cancel it after officially visiting Pittsburgh this past weekend. Narduzzi posted the following tweet after the trip. I'm sure he'll show up at a game at some point during the season though.

I know the original plan was for the Rezac twins to work-out for the coaches this summer before any sort of offer was made, but the Notre Dame offer sped things up for Teddy. They wanted to see Anthony throw in person - not sure his future is at QB though. DeFrand is supposed to camp at Nebraska this summer - he's a legacy and had an offer to the previous staff at Colorado. Big track kid. He's transferring to Southeast from Lincoln High for next fall. Should boost his stock a little. Not sure on Williams and Rauner being at Nebraska - I'd assume so though. Williams will be at Iowa State, Iowa, and Missouri this summer. Was just at the "Mega Camp" at Lindenwood.

Not to mention a guy like TE Michael Burt from Creighton Prep that picked up an offer today.

Edit: Narduzzi apparently deleted his tweet shortly after I posted it. It was just emojis and it appeared to be saying something like "person (Ingwerson) not visiting Nebraska corn fields" with a laughing face.

Last edited:
My biggest concern is someone stealing Bair
Kid has 25 plus offers, I see this through the same Lens as Raiola, great that they are considering us, but as of now we are still a 3 win team, it weighs heavily on some kids minds, not that they don't consider schools for other reasons, but until we see better results the worry continues until a decision is made for some of these athletes. I have faith we get there, lingering question is do we get there in his 1st year, his record suggests no, but then again I hope we have more talent then his previous stops. GBR

Kid has 25 plus offers, I see this through the same Lens as Raiola, great that they are considering us, but as of now we are still a 3 win team, it weighs heavily on some kids minds, not that they don't consider schools for other reasons, but until we see better results the worry continues until a decision is made for some of these athletes. I have faith we get there, lingering question is do we get there in his 1st year, his record suggests no, but then again I hope we have more talent then his previous stops. GBR
And who's to say he hasn't improved upon his rebuilding skills?

We did make his final 5: Boise State, Michigan, Nebraska, Oregon and TCU. He is visiting TCU this weekend

Last edited:

Re: Amare Sanders

Nebraska is definitely a key player in Sanders’ recruitment, especially after a visit there recently where he felt the coaches are “true, genuine and it’s all built on family and trust.” That definitely stood out to the Miami Gulliver Prep three-star safety. The Huskers are definitely in the mix, especially after he spent some time in Lincoln, but Miami, Duke, Florida, Florida State and Louisville remain in the mix, too.

On flip watch

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back