• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Ice fishing

32904.jpeg

Only been to Holdrege once in my life and I didn't even make it to the Tower. Every conversation since where Holdrege gets brought up I get asked if I made it there. Apparently I missed some quality entertainment...
We rolled through there once for a friend’s bachelor party years ago. I needed a shower after leaving. Upon leaving in the back, and I will never forget it, we seen an 80 year old farmer hand-in-hand on the way to a hotel room. She looked like a pregnant Lizzo. Dude out there living his best life.

Beautiful pics everyone. A few weeks back, I was up in Northern Minnesota ice fishing. We were hitting a few lakes that are not well ice fished as we like the challenge. The lakes were about 18” deep in ice on average. It always takes us a bit to find the right depths and the weed lines, but when we do, look out! I enjoyed rolling around on snowmobiles and drinking/fishing all day. Had some incredible home made meals back at the cabin with some old friends. Being out in the middle of nowhere with literally no one around you. Hearing the wolves howl at night and seeing the beautiful night sky really puts life into perspective for me.

I already transferred my pics. I’ll have to post a few at some point. Keep up that fishing everyone!

Beautiful pics everyone. A few weeks back, I was up in Northern Minnesota ice fishing. We were hitting a few lakes that are not well ice fished as we like the challenge. The lakes were about 18” deep in ice on average. It always takes us a bit to find the right depths and the weed lines, but when we do, look out! I enjoyed rolling around on snowmobiles and drinking/fishing all day. Had some incredible home made meals back at the cabin with some old friends. Being out in the middle of nowhere with literally no one around you. Hearing the wolves howl at night and seeing the beautiful night sky really puts life into perspective for me.

I already transferred my pics. I’ll have to post a few at some point. Keep up that fishing everyone!
Its my home nowadays. When it isnt real cold its colder, but I wake and go to bed every night in this part of Gods country.
Saw a fish house over 35 feet long on a lake, bigger than the six man rentals on Mille Lacs.
Truly a special place

That's frickin awesome! Wish I could experience that some day

Unfortunately the ice around the Lincoln area took a beating with the warm weather we've been having here. Unless we have about a week's worth of cold temps I think I'm done for this ice fishing season.

Unfortunately the ice around the Lincoln area took a beating with the warm weather we've been having here. Unless we have about a week's worth of cold temps I think I'm done for this ice fishing season.
Weve had a runof 40+ days, plus a couple earlier but still everyones driving on the lakes here.
Havent heard or driven by Winny or Leech, was down in the Brainerd area awhile ago and it was going nuts there, but thats considered highly populated for northern Minny.
A friend of my sons, her kid, 11 yr old, showed a pic of a 14 inch crappie he'd caught earlier.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back