• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I was feeling down about our program until...

True Husker

Red Shirt
2 Year Member
Until I saw all the Twitter posts after the IA game that Thomas Fidone has been posting on his Twitter. I love that he is such a highly ranked player, and truly believes in our program. I think this shows a couple of things:

1) maybe Scott is not blowing smoke about recruits “knowing where this thing is going.”

2) Getting Midwest kids is key going forward. Even if they may rank little bit lower.

Very important that recruits buy-in and that we still are able to sign a good class. No one is more important in this class than Fidone.
I wonder how much the staff is using him to peer recruit? Lol, but I dont have to wonder far...

He dropped one a few days ago about Cole Payton too....love it

1606775319148.png

Scott has got to:
1. Got most of the 4 stars with in 200 miles of Lincoln
2. Realize that its the character of the kid not the stars that develops into the team player that becomes DONU.
3. We need to offer Payton to show we believe in character as well as stars. Second coming of Joe Ganz

Last edited:
Scott has got to:
1. Got most of the 4 stars with in 200 miles of Lincoln
2. Realize that its the character of the kid not the stars that develops into the team player that becomes DONU.
3. We need to offer Payton to show we believe in character as well as stars. Second coming of Joe Ganz
Why are we so quick to assume that everybody that leaves has a character issue? Maybe there are mistakes a young head coach is making that is making certain recruits feel unwelcome.

Why are we so quick to assume that everybody that leaves has a character issue? Maybe there are mistakes a young head coach is making that is making certain recruits feel unwelcome.
Its not that they have "bad" character, but that their character fits our program. living in Lincoln NE, playing this style of football etc.
They have to fit within the "family" that is DONU, if not then you have wasted their time and your time, which is the case in almost 1/3 of Scott's first three recruiting classes.
He just said that himself today.

PS: I want to add that the importance of close family for the player is also really important. I mention this in another post, where at UCF, Scott didnt drive more than one hour to recruit, which meant his players had their family support within that same distance. Invaluable.

Last edited:
Its not that they have "bad" character, but that their character fits our program. living in Lincoln NE, playing this style of football etc.
They have to fit within the "family" that is DONU, if not then you have wasted their time and your time, which is the case in almost 1/3 of Scott's first three recruiting classes.
He just said that himself today.
Excuse me for not buying everything Scott Frost is selling these days.

agree that development is the key... but we have to recruit players that have the potential to be developed. Need to have the frame and determination.

Last edited:

Excuse me for not buying everything Scott Frost is selling these days.
I think Frost has a lot to learn about the situation he is in. The madness of 2020 is not helping and I think he'll have to make some system changes to get this thing where it needs to be. I personally do not see his offense working here. He'll have to make a change or evolve or it will be his demise.

Last edited:
Frost knows how to run many different offenses and his offense can be many styles to fit. . If he had a quarterback like he had at UCF and some lines like there protecting that QB , we would all be talking differently.
Humbly spoken, I wonder if overcoaching Martinez is the problem?
Sometimes a natural athlete can lose his " natural" if you get him thinking too much or just not playing his game.?

Frost knows how to run many different offenses and his offense can be many styles to fit. . If he had a quarterback like he had at UCF and some lines like there protecting that QB , we would all be talking differently.
Humbly spoken, I wonder if overcoaching Martinez is the problem?
Sometimes a natural athlete can lose his " natural" if you get him thinking too much or just not playing his game.?
I too wonder if over-thinking is happening. He truly had an almost great game vs Ia. yes he missed some open WR and that last fumble/pick-but you know, the OL isn't doing it's job and give Ia. DC credit for dialing up some blitzes. AM did a great job of leading the backs on the swing passes setting up nice gains.
Not a bit fan of the rotating QB but if the players can cope with it, let it go.
I thought Johnson was beginning to look good as a RB and look forward to seeing him this Saturday with some touches.
Despite all the doom and gloom posts, I think it will work out. A horrendous amount of bad luck with the Akron game, loss of every placekicker for a year-those special teams killed last year. And now this year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back