• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I was away...

OMG... I just saw that you posted on a thread and saw your name... seemed real familiar but was surprised by the small number of "likes" so I popped up your past history and saw this. So sorry to read about your situation but am glad to hear that you're back at the keyboard. We just had a guy here from Beatrice suffer a major stroke (brain bleed), he's a guy who's a DJ on the local radio station and he covers all the sports coverage in our area, Bryan Cook. We had a high school basketball game last light and the cheerleaders passed around buckets for a fundraiser for Bryan's family.... raised over 10 grand! Feels good but I know his expenses far exceeds that amount. Bryan is currently paralysed on 1 side and has no speech... pretty tough to make your living with your voice if you longer have one. Great to hear of your recovery, I'll keep you in my prayers.

I am so sorry. I am lucky because my right side is almost perfect. I drive, run up the stairs...just like I normally do. Prayers for Bryan too. Can't do "live" radio so I know...Is there a place to reach out to him?

Back on Dec 22, 2014 I had a stroke...nearly died. Back to work but I still have Aphasia which makes it hard to speak....but I do "voice tracks." It's been difficult. I get tired all the time, my strength is diminshed but my bp is ok. I appreciate all of you for listening....Go BGR!
Welcome back NYH! Hope your health continues to improve.

I'm so happy for the extent of your recovery, I know they say it's very different with each case and Bryan's is just beginning. He's still in IT as they are trying to manage the bleed, still very serious. The area schools are organizing events for him at home games to help raise funds and show support, I'm not aware of any internet connections yet but I'm sure they'll put a facebook page or a gofundme before long.

I'm just surprised that this is the first I heard about your ordeal... usually someone from the board will let people know. Glad to hear you're doing much better.

wow...sorry about what happened but happy you are here brother.

Keep fighting the good fight man....Respect!

I'm so glad you're okay and still kickin'! Please keep us posted on your progress and anything you need, just name it!

~57

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back