• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked "I think the perception of the program is better nationally than locally."

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of the above. Don't bother with him, he ignores the obvious fact that we are not where we need to be under this staff and instead insults posters who disagree with him. When he runs out of points, he starts throwing insults.

Speaking of ignoring obvious facts, I've recently mentioned more than once that I suggested staff changes probably at least two years ago. So perhaps you should not tell lies about me and other posters.

And I don't start throwing insults when I run out of points; I sometimes start throwing out insults early and often! -- before, during, AND after my points! Again, stop telling lies about others -- didn't you learn as a kid not to do those things? (oops, my bad. You're still a kid, so you're still learning...)

Last edited:

Speaking of ignoring obvious facts, I've recently mentioned more than once that I suggested staff changes probably at least two years ago. So perhaps you should not tell lies about me and other posters.

And I don't start throwing insults when I run out of points; I start throwing out insults early and often! -- before, during, AND after my points! Again, stop telling lies about others -- didn't you learn as a kid not to do those things? (oops, my bad. You're still a kid, so you're still learning...)

So you're admitting you're hostile towards strangers on a message board? You seem pretty proud of it too. Who's the kid, here?

I disagree, in Texas, Nebraska is very much so irrelevant. You hear about the top teams like Oregon and Alabama, but never Nebraska. While the state of Nebraska is more critical, at least they still talk about Husker football...

Thinking you either don't know the mean'n of disagree or you're just look' for an argument.

I think a lot of us forget the perception from about 74 to 80 and 1985 to 1993: We could never win a big game, our conference was a bunch of doormats and Oklahoma. Could never win a bowl game (we still have a very poor bowl record, recognizing that bowl games are road games for us). Yes, we consistently had a good record, but outside of 70-71 and 83, we did not have a good national reputation, especially from 88 or so to 92. We were dominant in the 90s and keep trying to get back there, but I think right now we are perceived about like we were in a lot of years under Osborne: A team that wins games against weak competition, but not good competition. I will agree, though, that our losses are more embarrassing now than they were then and by bigger margins. Never saw 50 points against us under Osborne. Ever. Only a couple 40+ pointers, and then usually against top-5 competition (UCLA in 89 comes to mind).

The comparisons with TO are so unfair and just plain wrong. From 1974 to 1980, Nebraska had wins over #13 Kansas, #18 Florida, #12 Missouri, #13 Oklahoma State, #9 Texas Tech, #4 Alabama (their only loss that year), #7 Colorado, #14 North Carolina, #15 Iowa State, #1 Oklahoma (their only loss that year), #18 Penn State, #11 Penn State, #15 Missouri, and #17 Mississippi State. TO also had a 4-3 record in bowls during that time and finished in the top ten 6 times.

From 1985 to 1993, Nebraska had wins over #5 Oklahoma State, #11 Florida State, #5 LSU, #3 UCLA, #12 Arizona State, #12 Oklahoma State, #10 Oklahoma State, #19 Colorado, #9 Oklahoma, #24 Arizona State, #19 Oklahoma, #8 Colorado, #13 Kansas, #20 Colorado, and #16 Oklahoma. I will concede that at this time the perception was we couldn't win a bowl game. TO was 1-8 during this period in bowls. But at the same time you can see all the quality wins he had plus 4 conference championships and 5 top ten finishes.

I know the joke was the Big 2 and Little 6, but Oklahoma State, Colorado, Missouri, and Kansas all had good teams at different times during those eras. If you're going to call them doormats, then the rest of the B1G West should definitely be called doormats as well.

Last edited:

The comparisons with TO are so unfair and just plain wrong. From 1974 to 1980, Nebraska had wins over #13 Kansas, #18 Florida, #12 Missouri, #13 Oklahoma State, #9 Texas Tech, #4 Alabama (their only loss that year), #7 Colorado, #14 North Carolina, #15 Iowa State, #1 Oklahoma (their only loss that year), #18 Penn State, #11 Penn State, #15 Missouri, and #17 Mississippi State. TO also had a 4-3 record in bowls during that time and finished in the top ten 6 times.

From 1985 to 1993, Nebraska had wins over #5 Oklahoma State, #11 Florida State, #5 LSU, #3 UCLA, #12 Arizona State, #12 Oklahoma State, #10 Oklahoma State, #19 Colorado, #9 Oklahoma, #24 Arizona State, #19 Oklahoma, #8 Colorado, #13 Kansas, #20 Colorado, and #16 Oklahoma. I will concede that at this time the perception was we couldn't win a bowl game. TO was 1-8 during this period in bowls. But at the same time you can see all the quality wins he had plus 4 conference championships and 5 top ten finishes.

I know the joke was the Big 2 and Little 6, but Oklahoma State, Colorado, Missouri, and Kansas all had good teams at different times during those eras. If you're going to call them doormats, then the rest of the B1G West should definitely be called doormats as well.

Excellent post...... what year and what team was it that UN gave Coach Osborne the ultimatum to win the next game or he would be fired??. Was it Colorado?

Excellent post...... what year and what team was it that UN gave Coach Osborne the ultimatum to win the next game or he would be fired??. Was it Colorado?

To answer my own question.... it was Nebraska's 1976 win over Texas Tech in the Astro-Bluebonnet Bowl..... I think where i got the Colorado from is the place he may ended up coaching at had we lost him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back