• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I Think Nebraska Needs to Renegotiate Bolt’s Contract….Immediately!

f an SEC or Texas B12 offers him. He’d be a fool not to take it. B10 baseball is a joke in comparison.
Not necessarily…depends on the money and his personal goals…how he sees his future.

Also May come to just how happy his family is in Nebraska.

He played here….makes a difference.

He may also see this (as I do) as just a golden opportunity to build a preenial powerhouse in a weak conference that would get his team into the Tournament virtually every year. Indiana did this for years and threw virtually NO money at it. Nebraska could do it LOTS better.

Nebraska won't match any B12 or SEC type offer, as that can go up to the 1.5M range, but can give him a solid raise that sends a strong message to coach & his family.

Coach Bolt currently makes $300,000 per year. I wouldn't hesitate to make that $500,000 while extending him to a 7-year contract. He's currently on year 2 of a 5 year. $500K, 7-years is a strong statement to coach & his family.

Coach Harvell & Christy make $175,000 per year. I would bump each coach up to $300,000 without hesitation.

That's not it though, as this program shouldn't be flying commercial (especially out of Omaha) and/or taking bus trips unless it's to Omaha, Lawrence, Manhattan or Wichita. I fully expect Haymarket Park to be packed all season in 2022. This team energized a fan base, which was desperately needed. In order to make money, you have to spend it.

Bill Moos, you're on the clock...

Last edited:

I haven’t paid much attention to baseball for a few years, and didn’t much this year until the conference “race” at the end. This is starting to feel like the “good old days” in the Big 12. Maybe Nebraska can add baseball to the list of things they are good at, which really only sits at volleyball right now.

@BW22SM I would double it to $600K and like what you suggest for assistants.

With some sort of sweetener for long term. Like 100K bonus for Conference Championship every year and another 300K for a CWS appearance. And Sweeteners for the assistants as well.

You are right. Haymarket is going to be packed next year!

And in the big scheme of things…an additional Mil in Salaries and travel costs seems totally reasonable based on the results.

Also, I would ask for assurances that he would not sign anywhere else without giving Nebraska the opportunity of making a counter offer.

I haven’t paid much attention to baseball for a few years, and didn’t much this year until the conference “race” at the end. This is starting to feel like the “good old days” in the Big 12. Maybe Nebraska can add baseball to the list of things they are good at, which really only sits at volleyball right now.
Nebraska is very good at some other sports besides volleyball. It is just that they are sports that most people don't care about.

@BW22SM I would double it to $600K and like what you suggest for assistants.

With some sort of sweetener for long term. Like 100K bonus for Conference Championship every year and another 300K for a CWS appearance. And Sweeteners for the assistants as well.

You are right. Haymarket is going to be packed next year!

And in the big scheme of things…an additional Mil in Salaries and travel costs seems totally reasonable based on the results.

Also, I would ask for assurances that he would not sign anywhere else without giving Nebraska the opportunity of making a counter offer.
Agree with what y’all have said. One area I was really concerned was our pitching this year and not having someone who has been a known quantity at pitching...however while our pitching yesterday in the late innings did contribute to the loss, our pitching has actually been okay for this year. So agree - both Bolt and assistants need raises. Maybe we can get rules changed to get another assistant coach so we can turn our volunteer coach to that?? Just a wish! :)

Nebraska is very good at some other sports besides volleyball. It is just that they are sports that most people don't care about.
Not much you can do with Bowling.

Bowling alleys just can't hold enough people :)

Leaves football to pay the bills.

Anyone have any idea how much revenue
the baseball team brings in?

Whelp…pretty much squat because of covid for two years…but I have no clue….

Great question!

salaries
travel
uniforms
equipment
field maintenance
game vendors
broadcast requirements
umpire costs
security costs
admin costs

vs

ticket price and sales of said tickets
percentage from the vendors
donations by boosters
broadcast royalties

what is the average ticket price At Haymarket…and our Cap is what…7500??

and how many home games? Average…like 20? 25?

Last edited:

Football, men’s basketball and vollyball are the profitable sports. We’re lucky to actually have 3, most only have two.

With that said, I think NU could be revenue neutral in baseball — especially if the BIG would due better televising games and making schools produce quality games for BTN plus.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back