• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked I Question Them To

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskerdaze

Red Shirt
10 Year Member
But sometimes it seems our coaches know what they're doing. ;)

Aaron Green
STATSRUSHINGRECEIVING
SEASONATTYDSAVGLNGTDRECYDSAVGLNGTD

<tbody>
</tbody>

Ameer Abdullah
STATSRUSHINGRECEIVING

<tbody>
</tbody>

I was one of the concerned with "missing out" on Aaron Green when he decided to transfer. Albeit there are many differences between NU and TCU, I am glad the coaches saw what they did, and that we have had the pleasure of watching Ameer do what he does! Still would have liked Green to hang around but it wasn't meant to be.

Last edited:

I think every coaching staff should be cautious when recruiting in Texas. Sure, there's tons of talent down here, but so many of these kids get great coaching at the high school level and literally peak by their senior year. Figuring out who has room to grow and who has peaked already makes it a little more difficult, for sure. Not to mention the entitlement syndrome (ask Mack Brown about that) since these guys are treated like rock stars from an early age. I like that the Huskers are making a more concerted effort to recruit Florida and the Southeast in general because there's more raw talent down that way, IMO.

Big &quot;D&quot;zasker;1648535 said:
I think every coaching staff should be cautious when recruiting in Texas. Sure, there's tons of talent down here, but so many of these kids get great coaching at the high school level and literally peak by their senior year. Figuring out who has room to grow and who has peaked already makes it a little more difficult, for sure. Not to mention the entitlement syndrome (ask Mack Brown about that) since these guys are treated like rock stars from an early age. I like that the Huskers are making a more concerted effort to recruit Florida and the Southeast in general because there's more raw talent down that way, IMO.

That is a really great point!

In high school the best player "now" might not equate at the next level, discerning between which players have room to grow and those who have peaked would be tough to judge until coaches see them at the next level.

Excellent post, I agree with what your saying about our coaches' recruiting strategy, and I think its good on them for doing it. Safer, easier and less potential for misses as you pointed out above. Take ameer as a very good example of a guy we got out of the southeast who just had tremendous upside.

But sometimes it seems our coaches know what they're doing. ;)

Aaron Green
STATSRUSHINGRECEIVING

<tbody>
</tbody>

Ameer Abdullah
STATSRUSHINGRECEIVING

<tbody>
</tbody>

I was one of the concerned with "missing out" on Aaron Green when he decided to transfer. Albeit there are many differences between NU and TCU, I am glad the coaches saw what they did, and that we have had the pleasure of watching Ameer do what he does! Still would have liked Green to hang around but it wasn't meant to be.

Aaron is a good back, what really seperates these two is maturity. AA is years ahead or AG in that regard and it shows...

Aaron is a good back, what really seperates these two is maturity. AA is years ahead or AG in that regard and it shows...

Aaron is a good back now, Ameer is better. Maturity is a big separator considering there is only 4-5 years eligibility you have to go with who is ready now. Still wouldn't of minded having AG stick it out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back