• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I need the expert opinions of Cafe members

Have you quit? If so, keep it up. I hit four years in November. I'd even go so far as to say the cravings are now officially gone.

I quit November 13th. Thill, you can do it man. It gets easier. Sorta.

Yes, my last cig was Feb. 1. Haven't had a puff since. I got a punching bag this past weekend.

Commutes are the worst for me. I actually enjoyed my drive from Virginia to Nebraska because I was in the car by myself and could listen to whatever music I wanted and smoke as much as I wanted.

Feb 14th here.. send me your bag when you are done with it

why did you guys even start smoking in the first place??? honest question. (this is pertaining to smoking of tobacco not the smoking of meat)

Only briskets I have done are the whole briskets, and they take one hell of a lot longer!! I have never tried to smoke just the flat, let me know how it turns out

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4hbwdAOogBw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

why did you guys even start smoking in the first place??? honest question. (this is pertaining to smoking of tobacco not the smoking of meat)

The health benefits from it are awesome.

Wow 3 recent quitters. That is outstanding. Keep it up guys. It really does get easier.

Come on guys you are a bunch quitters, where is the school spirit, where is the old college try, where is the pull your selves up by your boot straps and get back in there, What they quit smoking.... really... oh never mind......

my question was, why even start in the first place? What was the fascination?

I was bored, but RP is kind of right. Going outside for breaks at work was nice, and it was an opportunity to socialize with people. Plus, I smoked special cigarettes that had vitamin C in them.

I do admit I smoke black & mild on occasion (probably once a month or something)...but it's with my king cobra and hangin' with my boyz in da hood.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back