• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I love watching Navy

I’m not hoping Nebraska returns to the wish/flex/whatev-bone attack, but I really enjoy watching Navy operate it at a high level.
Agree. Them, Army, Georgia Tech (not now) were really cool to watch execute. Nebraska one of the few fanbases that can appreciate that.

I am not advocating for this either, but I would be real curious how Nebraska would look running that. You could get better OL, QB, and RBs than the schools running that now. Academies run it because they can’t have the linemen needed to win 1 on 1 in traditional offenses. What if we had four stars running it?

I’m not sure you could win championships, but football is cyclical. Soon defenses will be built to defend the spread and teams that run power football will have success. Wisconsin.

Agree. Them, Army, Georgia Tech (not now) were really cool to watch execute. Nebraska one of the few fanbases that can appreciate that.

I am not advocating for this either, but I would be real curious how Nebraska would look running that. You could get better OL, QB, and RBs than the schools running that now. Academies run it because they can’t have the linemen needed to win 1 on 1 in traditional offenses. What if we had four stars running it?

I’m not sure you could win championships, but football is cyclical. Soon defenses will be built to defend the spread and teams that run power football will have success. Wisconsin.

Used to love to watch the Air Force teams of the past as well.

Never bigger, rarely faster, but nearly always executing like a machine.

Fun to watch.

Which brings up a good point, how could they compete defensively?

Good coaching and understanding their limitations.

Proper pre snap reads, proper in play read and react and technically sound fundamentals from a tackling and pass defense standpoint.

Other than a guy like Chad Henning, they were typically small and not overly fast and still managed to beat Notre Dame, etc.

Nothing like a great running game. Nothing like that same great running game to open up a sweet passing game, from a QB who can both run and pass, it's a hybrid that it's time has come. I think we all love that pure running scheme, but as it is, we need to have that passing element also. We'd go 0 - for in the B1G if all we did was run the ball as an offense....

Nothing like a great running game. Nothing like that same great running game to open up a sweet passing game, from a QB who can both run and pass, it's a hybrid that it's time has come. I think we all love that pure running scheme, but as it is, we need to have that passing element also. We'd go 0 - for in the B1G if all we did was run the ball as an offense....

I don't know. I'd like to see a pure option offense, with a mixture of 3, 4 and 5 start talent, take on the big boys. The mid '90's Nebraska offense had more of a passing element than most service academy offenses, but it didn't pretty well.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back