• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I Love/Hate Memorial Stadium

Crusty

Perfectly Unorthodox
5 Year Member
Oh the crap I will catch for this...

I really do love Memorial Stadium. The games there are awesome, the atmosphere, all of that. However, I hate the design and aesthetics of parts of the stadium.

For example:
The end zone stands and the sideline stands, they clash as far as looks go. Different angle, different look, drives me nuts. The end zone seating by themselves are okay at best, the sideline seating is awesome in design and has a great look. Ya there are some seats underneath the deck that kind of sucks but that's what they had back then. When they added to the east sideline, awesome job. Back to the end zone seating. If you are right in the first couple of rows in the center, you will have to stand to see a back of the end zone TD which will cause other to stand and it's a mess.

I know i'll catch some flack but that's my take on some of the areas. If you have some complaints about the design of certain spots, I want to read them.

Oh the crap I will catch for this...

I really do love Memorial Stadium. The games there are awesome, the atmosphere, all of that. However, I hate the design and aesthetics of parts of the stadium.

For example:
The end zone stands and the sideline stands, they clash as far as looks go. Different angle, different look, drives me nuts. The end zone seating by themselves are okay at best, the sideline seating is awesome in design and has a great look. Ya there are some seats underneath the deck that kind of sucks but that's what they had back then. When they added to the east sideline, awesome job. Back to the end zone seating. If you are right in the first couple of rows in the center, you will have to stand to see a back of the end zone TD which will cause other to stand and it's a mess.

I know i'll catch some flack but that's my take on some of the areas. If you have some complaints about the design of certain spots, I want to read them.
You have discovered the reason we are losing. We have poor Feng Shui in Memorial Stadium. :thumbsup:

I agree with Lava, although its still a lousy stadium.... any chance warren buffett will build us a new one someday, just a drop in the bucket for him.

Love the stadium, it's my ass that must be the problem. I can take it though for 1 game a year.

The seats are too cramped and the North Stadium in particular needs to be torn down and rebuilt.

Section 14 was renovated a couple years ago and the seat spacing was widened to 22". Wonder if that's a trial run for future sections or it's due to something else. It sure made a big difference! That and row 68 and above is $0 donation. Pretty good bargain compared to other upper endzone.

Last edited:

Section 14 was renovated a couple years ago and the seat spacing was widened to 22". Wonder if that's a trial run for future sections or it's due to something else. It sure made a big difference! That and row 68 and above is $0 donation. Pretty good bargain compared to other upper endzone.
I had seats for last year in section 108 in a row split by the tunnel. If everyone showed up everyone couldn’t fit in their seat. The aisle seat was non renewed this year. I called the ticket office and asked if they considered just removing that seat and spacing out the remaining and didn’t really get a yes or a no. Rather then take my chances i went ahead and moved to a section and row without the tunnel

Only ifSmoker is doing a tailgate that week.
tCV2LrPPYfqCY.gif

I sat in the north end zone for 13 years. Row 55 - moved to 65 when they added handicapped seating. Made some good friends but It was really annoying when they made the North stadium addition and didn’t add any additional gates. They should’ve added more exits and expanded the seat room. Plus the jumbo tron was behind us. I sit in the east stadium now!

I had seats for last year in section 108 in a row split by the tunnel. If everyone showed up everyone couldn’t fit in their seat. The aisle seat was non renewed this year. I called the ticket office and asked if they considered just removing that seat and spacing out the remaining and didn’t really get a yes or a no. Rather then take my chances i went ahead and moved to a section and row without the tunnel
Funny you bring this up. I got tickets from someone and had 3 and 4. The 1 and 2 were a different couple and the woman I took likes getting a chair so she doesn’t have to fight for her space. The 1 was literally unable to fully be put on the bleacher as there wasn’t enough space so the guy who had that seat just knelt in the aisle.

You’ll see a bit more of this when donations fail to come in for season tickets. 85-90k is about the right number for capacity for us.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back