• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I Love/Hate Memorial Stadium

In general I love memorial stadium and the experience of being there on game day. I only get to a couple games per year but I always get the same giddy feeling as when my dad took me to games as a young boy.

But if I could change one thing I'd widen the seats/reduce the number of people per row. Last game I went to we had to sit sideways because the people around us were extra large. The guy next to me took up at least 2, possibly 3 seats. Nice guy but not fair to the people around him. I had purchased a seat cushion and couldn't even use it. Even standing was a challenge. I know seat count = money but that spoiled the experience.
When we were in college (and the student section was in East stadium) there would be at least 2 people per seat. Not at all comfortable. So now I appreciate having 13" for my butt to fit in. Of course, I'm a little wider now than I was then, also.

Engineers and architects are pretty smart fellows ..........

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1993-05-18-9305180075-story.html

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

End zone painted "HUSK???". Could be our east stadium (Skunkman1 victim) ;):Biggrin:
wa_stadium.JPG

Last edited:

I love the stadium. so many good memories. Everyones complaints are legit, though.

My #1 want is leg room, We need another three inches, front to back, in each row. That would require unreal renovations and the removal of rows per section.

yes, there are too many EZ seats. No way to add more sideline seats except tiers.

maybe we could dome it, and add seats in the dome, a la THUNDERDOME.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back