• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I Like Tim Brando but...

Brando is definitely one of the bigger fans of Frost of anyone in the sports media. When he said the Frost hiring would be the most transformational hire since Saban, I'm not gonna lie, I got even more excited. That being said, I think he's a year too early with this prediction.
The problem with these predictions and others like it … is that our likelihood to fall short of expectations increase and that will only lead to negative evaluations at seasons end.

Given what Bando suggests … an 8-win season would be disappointing. I'm not sure it would be that disappointing to me.

I could see it happening. I think our defense is going to be a lot better than last year. They have gone through so many coaching and system changes In the last 5 years that I don't think we have gotten a chance to see their true talent. They could easily average one TD a game less this year. And our offense will be more experienced and probably get several more series a game this year for another 7 point improvement. Right there gets us to 10-2 on last years schedule. The only teams that beat us by more than 14 points is Michigan who we don't play and Wisconsin who will be at home instead of on the road.

We were a TD away from having a 9 win season last year with one of the most confused defensive teams in the Nation.

Last edited:
I have a strong feeling Frost will show it's no fluke when his teams somewhat regularly out-perform their recent history, talent, and expectations. So I'll just say, could be.

Not counting on it though. Just like football magazines, on air pundits need to make stories by making bold predictions.

I think Brando is accomplishing what he intended. We are discussing whether he is an idiot or a genius by making such a bold prediction. That's what he gets paid to do. There's no skin of his ass if he's not right but he gets the public attention by making such a rash statement. By the end of the season no one will remember this anyway ---- unless he gets it right and then he'll be crowing "I told you so!"

But come on, we haven't won a thing yet, and we already have the target on our backs.

If you ask JoeHuskerFan, we have a target on our backs. The refs are unfair, the conference is crooked, it’s too hard to recruit to Lincoln, and the media is biased against us.

Ask other decent teams? They still love playing Nebraska. It may not be that way too much longer, though.

Last edited:
If we are thinking about being competitive for the CCG and above next year and beyond, I think they need to have a bare minimum of 9-10 wins this year.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back