• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I am serious: Fire Chin now!

Other than giving up an acutal pick-6 or scoop-score . . . I can't think of a much worse position for the Husker offense to put the defense in after ONE play from scrimmage to start the game than a fumble deep in your own territory. The game had barely started and our potato offense gift-wrapped the ball to IL in easy scoring range.

Doesn't matter if it should have been reviewed and overturned or not. It was a hideous, stupid turnover to start the game and I'm sure the defense could see the "here we go again" machine firing up.
And we went back even.

I’ve got two games out of the four this season that the defense looked championship caliber. How many offensively?
Against who? What competition? This offense has grossly underperformed..I get it. But you aren't going to have Frost quit calling plays until he leaves.

Last edited:
I don’t think a point of “the defense is horrible but the offense is worse” is a good reason to stick with Chin. He’s obviously not the answer at DC. Bad defenses and him kind of go hand in hand.

This offense sucks, but two things:

1. Frost HAS coordinated offendes that were arguably some of the best in the nation

2. Struggling HCs often get a chance to replace struggling assistants, to see if it can start a spark for the program

So put me in the group that (still) thinks Chin needs to go.

Last edited:

Other than giving up an acutal pick-6 or scoop-score . . . I can't think of a much worse position for the Husker offense to put the defense in after ONE play from scrimmage to start the game than a fumble deep in your own territory. The game had barely started and our potato offense gift-wrapped the ball to IL in easy scoring range.

Doesn't matter if it should have been reviewed and overturned or not. It was a hideous, stupid turnover to start the game and I'm sure the defense could see the "here we go again" machine firing up.

Exactly, they need that coached out of them. Would McBride ever have a defense do this? I don't think Bo had it happen a ton. Were we, or were we not moving the ball fairly well for awhile? Do you think that maybe the offense felt some pressure watching the defense fold like a withering flower? It is a two way street but there will be no changes to the offense as long as Frost is there, it seems.

Last edited:
Against who? What competition? This offense has grossly underperformed..I get it. But you aren't going to have Frost quit calling plays until he leaves.
I never said frost would quit calling plays. You don’t think the defense saved our tail against. Northwestern or when they were out there for 91 plays against penn state when we didn’t even put up 300 yards offense? The defense has played two great games this year, again, how many has the offense played?

This isn’t a Chinander or defense issue.

I don’t think the team can justify firing Chinander when the other side of the equation is completely absent. Frost doesn’t expect Chinander to have a dominant D; just a D that can hold opponents to less points than his jugger-not offense can produce. I am trademarking “Frost’s Jugger-NOT! Offense” but you all can use it for free.

Our offense sucks. Plain and simple. Enough with the "fire Chinander" nonsense. 5 turnovers by the offense and you are complaining that the defense can't get off the field. Get a clue.
The defense sucks in its own right. They gave up 285 yards rushing to ILLINOIS! They also applied zero pressure on Peters and made him look like a star.

Well there it is. You are willing to say the offense is acceptable to you because it is Scott Frost but chin.....whose defense isn't in as much disarray has to change. That is fan irration.

The defense sucks in its own right. They gave up 285 yards rushing to ILLINOIS! They also applied zero pressure on Peters and made him look like a star.
So the defense gets thrown back out onto the field after 5, count them, 5 turnovers and since they aren't the '85 Bears they suck? How about the offense scores some points and not shoot themselves in the foot so the defense wouldn't be on the field so much? Seems like Frost is getting a pass for being a homegrown Husker. If Chinander was a Husker would he get the same pass?

The defense struggled yesterday, don't get me wrong. They were put in some tough spots. Offense needs to score or this experiment is going to fail.

It’s a worse offense than what Solich was running in 2002, jamaal Lord right, left, up the middle. I never would have dreamed the offense would so suck this bad.
I agree. And we have a lot more talent (based on recruiting ratings) on offense than Solich had on offense for the two Jamal Lord years.

I never said frost would quit calling plays. You don’t think the defense saved our tail against. Northwestern or when they were out there for 91 plays against penn state when we didn’t even put up 300 yards offense? The defense has played two great games this year, again, how many has the offense played?

This isn’t a Chinander or defense issue.

Yes, Illinois is a juggernaut...so is PSU and NW.
What corner has this defense turned since frosty arrived? I have also clearly said the offense is an issue. So, you aren't making changes on offense. Right? Something has to give soon. The coaching consistency/ continuity and scheme arguments have gone by the wayside, IMO.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back