• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I always thought Nebraska should do this...

... but was under the impression it was illegal. Apparently it isn’t. Put a billboard of Stille on the highway heading to Lincoln from Ashland. Put one of Reimer as you head in from I-80 and overlook the stadium, put one of Haarberg on your way to Lincoln from Kearney. Put one of Isaac Gifford on HWY 2 heading towards the stadium. Put one of Betts on I80 heading towards Lincoln. Promote the dudes that stick around. That’ll make the kids get the clout they are looking for.

Last edited:

... but was under the impression it was illegal. Apparently it isn’t. Put a billboard of Stille on the highway heading to Lincoln from Ashland. Put one of Reimer as you head in from I-80 and overlook the stadium, put one of Haarberg on your way to Lincoln from Kearney. Put one of Isaac Gifford on HWY 2 heading towards the stadium. Put one of Betts on I80 heading towards Lincoln. Promote the dudes that stick around. That’ll make the kids get the clout they are looking for.

Put many in Omaha
couple in Georgia
St. Louis.
etc.

Last edited:
Once NIL kicks in this type of billboard may be difficult to arrange. I assume the players had to give their consent for their photos to be used and of course they weren't paid for it. Once NIL kicks in players are going to want to be paid. And if I correctly understand NIL, they can't be wearing their uniform or be otherwise specifically identified as a team's player if they are being paid.

The NIL is gonna be successful for very,very few kids. Dallas, Atlanta, New Orleans, Maybe, maybe, a USC kid could promote himself, if USC gets back to 10+ wins. CFB fans in LA are very limited and very fickle

You need a big enuf town, to promote a player from a school where CFB is a major sport. Its pretty major in the south, but not many major towns. Alabama is big FB, but not much for major cities to promo to.

No Car or Duke basketball might have player who could promo well. Kansas might. UCLA fans are so fickle, i wonder about a player there, even if they get it goin. Its very regional at best.

For instance, a huge player, like Zion Williamson is one n done in BB. BB is that way now.

UNL actually has a good a chance as anyone to promo a player, but they promo to Omaha n Nebraska primarily.

I dont see very many college athletes promo-ing themselves into a big success. If so, its because a schools boosters hired a promo firm to handle it for them. Athletes who are that involved in self promo, at that age are too immature to maintain focus on school, sports and business. Its too much, too soon.... but their gonna try

The NIL is gonna be successful for very,very few kids. Dallas, Atlanta, New Orleans, Maybe, maybe, a USC kid could promote himself, if USC gets back to 10+ wins. CFB fans in LA are very limited and very fickle

You need a big enuf town, to promote a player from a school where CFB is a major sport. Its pretty major in the south, but not many major towns. Alabama is big FB, but not much for major cities to promo to.

No Car or Duke basketball might have player who could promo well. Kansas might. UCLA fans are so fickle, i wonder about a player there, even if they get it goin. Its very regional at best.

For instance, a huge player, like Zion Williamson is one n done in BB. BB is that way now.

UNL actually has a good a chance as anyone to promo a player, but they promo to Omaha n Nebraska primarily.

I dont see very many college athletes promo-ing themselves into a big success. If so, its because a schools boosters hired a promo firm to handle it for them. Athletes who are that involved in self promo, at that age are too immature to maintain focus on school, sports and business. Its too much, too soon.... but their gonna try

You're looking at this in the wrong way. Social media is what will drive the money for athletes, beyond endorsements.

This is a good article detailing the earning potential for all college athletes:

"In fact, of the 30 most-followed college athletes, according to Opendorse's tracking, only 16 come from the revenue sports of football and men's basketball, while more than one-third of the list is made up by women. A new study from Temple University suggests women and athletes in non-revenue sports like rowing or volleyball would have, on average, about the same earning power as those playing football or basketball."

Sure, high profile athletes are going to make money elsewhere, but look for kids to amp up their social media game once money is on the table.

You're looking at this in the wrong way. Social media is what will drive the money for athletes, beyond endorsements.

This is a good article detailing the earning potential for all college athletes:

"In fact, of the 30 most-followed college athletes, according to Opendorse's tracking, only 16 come from the revenue sports of football and men's basketball, while more than one-third of the list is made up by women. A new study from Temple University suggests women and athletes in non-revenue sports like rowing or volleyball would have, on average, about the same earning power as those playing football or basketball."

Sure, high profile athletes are going to make money elsewhere, but look for kids to amp up their social media game once money is on the table.

I imagine if Lexi Sun decided to shoot some photos or video of herself playing beach volleyball there just might be a few guys who log in to watch that...just sayin' :cool:

Don't you think that the programs with the richest donor base will be the winners? Won't they make sure that many if not most players get a good monthly paycheck from this car dealer, that retail store, this construction company, etc.? This will become a major factor in where players want to go. Maybe I don't understand the rules.

Nebraska could do this fairly cheaply now with all the digital billboards. Drop them in cities when recruits sign might be a great way to build a little foothold in regions (show some love, let people know a hometown kid is playing for Nebraska, build the Nebraska brand).

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back