• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I’m pleased. Best game of Frost era

"We took ND to overtime!" (pats back) "Look at our improvement!" (pats back again) - Florida State football

"LOL" - Jacksonville State, Wake Forest

My stupid grouchy point is.... let's see this Husker "improvement" next week, and the next, and the next......
OU was ripe for the taking and the Huskers didn't take advantage. At some point we need to start winning these games where we are battling to the end. I am not happy about yesterday. I am disappointed they didn't find a way to win. I refuse to pat anyone on the back here. Please remove yourself from my lawn and turn that music down.

The two missed FG's and extra point run back for a safety is a 9 point swing. That is the game winner right there and will likely be the reason for close losses down the road.

C

All that falls on the coaches at this point so if they fail then it is a failure of the staff. What I saw yesterday showed me the team has the talent to beat 6 of the next 8 assuming the coaches do their jobs.

C
And for the most part I would agree. However yesterday was hard to put on the coaches. They had a pretty good game plan on both offense and defense. Execution in regards to penalties and kicking game are atrocious.

And for the most part I would agree. However yesterday was hard to put on the coaches. They had a pretty good game plan on both offense and defense. Execution in regards to penalties and kicking game are atrocious.

I am talking about games in the future, not yesterday. That said ST and OL issues that were still there yesterday are on the coaches.

C

I think that was Adrian Martinez' best game. The interception was fine. On fourth down, its much smarter to throw one into coverage than to not even try.

As athletic as the INT was, it was a mental error by the defender to catch that ball. He cost his team 30 yards and contributed significantly to the following Nebraska TD.

I don't really believe in morale victories, but I do think this is a game that the team can use to build on as opposed to a blow-out loss that might create a loss of confidence going forward. They know they were right there.

As athletic as the INT was, it was a mental error by the defender to catch that ball. He cost his team 30 yards and contributed significantly to the following Nebraska TD.

I would agree with this if the ball hit DJ Graham in the chest, or if it was just slightly overthrown. Situational awareness is important.

But when a player is elevating/extending to his physical limit to make a play, they aren’t thinking at all. If he stops to think, ”gee, I better bat this ball,“ it sails right over his head and into Falk‘s arms.

"We took ND to overtime!" (pats back) "Look at our improvement!" (pats back again) - Florida State football

"LOL" - Jacksonville State, Wake Forest

My stupid grouchy point is.... let's see this Husker "improvement" next week, and the next, and the next......
OU was ripe for the taking and the Huskers didn't take advantage. At some point we need to start winning these games where we are battling to the end. I am not happy about yesterday. I am disappointed they didn't find a way to win. I refuse to pat anyone on the back here. Please remove yourself from my lawn and turn that music down.
I lean this way, but I'll acknowledge that this team is slowly making progress. They still shoot themselves in the foot way too often. The OL play baffles me.

Nor do I, but today, I saw some possibilities out there. It was different today. Beating Buffalo doesn’t prove squat. Should have beaten the #3 team in their house today!
They are in NO way the number 3team in the country. Did you see what Ole Miss did to Tulane yesterday pal? The are as overrated as Rattler is for the Heisman.
If they played in the SEC this year they would be a .500 team

They are in NO way the number 3team in the country. Did you see what Ole Miss did to Tulane yesterday pal? The are as overrated as Rattler is for the Heisman.
Sure pal, the transitive property always works in college football!

Did you see how badly we sucked against Illinois? Might as well shootcan the whole program!

And you can tell the fans down there that OU will not be winning a natty. Again. After saying “THIS is THE year”. Again. Overrated. Again. Oh, and enjoy the SEC Sooners.
So they are overrated because we hung with them? I guess the season will have to play out to see. I'm inclined to think they are very well coached and not overrated at all. They probably won't win it all since I think Georgia and Alabama are better imo. But I think they have a very good shot at the playoffs

Please go hang out on some SEC board and give it a rest. You do not belong here.

Probably so, but I was going by what the ranking said. I’d guess OU will get better as the season goes. We will see. I hope they lose every damn game they play.

Please go hang out on some SEC board and give it a rest. You do not belong here.
He’s probAbly not wrong. OU is not going to like the SEC much I don’t believe. They will have some adaptation problems just like NU has. Every team will gun for them. They will have at least 4 losses in the first season in that league, whenever that is.

Fought like hell. I knew there was talent down in there. Only lost because of themselves, however, a game to build on.
It was close because OU took us lightly. Same problems still exist and no coach can make the OL faster/lighter on their feet. They pass the eye test but fail the stopwatch test. Reminds me of Devaney's teams against Alabama in the 60's. Big and slow vs. smaller and faster.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back