• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I’m pleased. Best game of Frost era

People want sacks, but that isnt the only mark of great D line play.
AMs running has been on scrambles, the run games coming along, we are getting the ball down field on passes and the LB play has really stepped up.
We are going to be a tough out by end of season no matter who we play.
We needed to get more physical, we have, a bit more consistency as well.
When the O line come together, now for some, the whole season looks different.
Lets go bowling

Better as far as avoiding turnovers. Still many ST issues and of course penalties. AM is playing way better. The OL still struggles. Defense came to play today. If SF survives to year 5 needs to retool his staff on the offensive side and bring someone in to coach ST. Maybe Bill Busch.

I'm pleased with the way they played. Really kept the rattler in check. Offense actually played the whole game, for the most part. As close to a complete game as I've seen so far. Kicking is still baffling, though punting seemed better. An overall good effort, with lots to improve upon. I feel like we can actually win 4 more, after this game. It's sad that a moral victory is a good thing; but at this point, I'm just glad we didn't get blown out.

Last edited:
I don’t feel like we should have won—not with the penalties and horrendous kicking errors. OU had very few mistakes. That’s how you win games like that. BUT, I feel like we played a very good game compared to what we are used to seeing under SF. This is similar to the near upset of OSU 2 years ago.

Build on it…learn from it. Play better next week and then the next week.

I don’t feel like we should have won—not with the penalties and horrendous kicking errors. OU had very few mistakes. That’s how you win games like that. BUT, I feel like we played a very good game compared to what we are used to seeing under SF. This is similar to the near upset of OSU 2 years ago.

Build on it…learn from it. Play better next week and then the next week.
Yes. Have to springboard this game somehow.

As frustrating as this loss is, I will say we looked as fast and as big as them. Size wise it isn’t the B1G, but speed wise it didn’t seem like a big mismatch.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back