• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I’m confused.

LarstheRed

Travel Squad
10 Year Member
Why is this remotely acceptable? Ten days is fine for an age group that is ten times more likely to have serious symptoms and health issues, but not for the age group that has minimal catastrophic results?

I’m waiting for the first high profile player to get Covid, and challenge this in court. How hard do we think it would be to get a local judge to put an injunction on the B1G to get his alma mater’s star player back in the game?

Unlike Big Ten student-athletes, who have to self-isolate for 21 days following a positive test, conference administrators and coaches agreed that the CDC guidelines were appropriate for coaches.

Their claim is that it’s a two week quarantine and another week of monitoring for cardiac issues. I hate it. But I think there is zero chance that any court would inject themselves into the league’s safety protocols for players.

Last edited:
It could be a distancing thing. A coach can maintain a level of distance that would not be possible for a player.

From the article:

Purdue athletic director Mike Bobinski said the school began its daily antigen testing on Sept. 30, per the Big Ten's protocols, and no student-athletes have tested positive during that span. He also said there have been zero false positives, and any positive test has been confirmed with a PCR test.

Unlike the SEC, the Big Ten does not have a policy that would allow coaches who have three negative PCR tests, each 24 hours apart, to leave isolation and rejoin team activities.

Is the policy just silent on the three negative tests? If it is just silent than that positive could be determined to be false and the isolation would not be required.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back