• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

I’m calling my shot, next four games are W’s

True Husker

Red Shirt
2 Year Member
I knew that once we beat Buffalo the way we did, we were an extremely improved team. People forget that before the season started, Buffalo was a top 25 team before their coach left. Then when I saw what we did with Oklahoma, it was a for sure thing. I can’t even tell you guys the last time I saw Nebraska played two full games, 4 quarters in each game. It was very eye-opening. And to think this team is young? I see no reason why we cannot win the next four games. That said, Michigan State will tell us a lot.

I knew that once we beat Buffalo the way we did, we were an extremely improved team. People forget that before the season started, Buffalo was a top 25 team before their coach left. Then when I saw what we did with Oklahoma, it was a for sure thing. I can’t even tell you guys the last time I saw Nebraska played two full games, 4 quarters in each game. It was very eye-opening. And to think this team is young? I see no reason why we cannot win the next four games. That said, Michigan State will tell us a lot.
Hope you're right.

Day by day. I'm not looking past the first series of the game Saturday. If the past 20 years have taught me anything, it's to not take any wins for granted.

The last two games are encouraging, though problems with penalties, the running game, and special teams are still evident.

I fully agree with your last sentence... the Michigan St. game will tell us a lot. Illinois was our first swing game, and we blew it. This is our second chance. Win this game, and some promising opportunities open up (such as your "win the next four" prediction). Lose and the path to .500 and a bowl game gets very narrow.

I can understand that optimism, but like others have said on radio shows and Huskermax, we’ve all thought this before. I remember that Ohio State game when Urban was still coaching - where Nebraska hung with them and shoulda coulda won that game. I thought DONU turned the corner there. Last year and the win against Penn State. I felt great about that team until the next week and NU got drubbed by Illinois. I’m hopeful, but frankly my optimism is tempered by all the failures to actually “turn that corner.”

I will better that if we win our next four ... we will win the 5th.

Having said that ... I suspect we will walk into the next four as an underdog in 3 of those 4.

I can see it and yet listening to Carriker I see how we get 4 more total. Which is Bowl Eligible and on to next year with a dramatically easier schedule.

If and it is an IF, we clean up personal fouls after the play and missed opps on special teams. We go 4-0 in the next 4.

A lot of folks are really taking confidence from a close loss to OU. On the other hand, there are others that believe that the Husker players with Kansas State's coaching staff would have beat OU Saturday, and nothing will change as long as we have this staff. I have no idea what to believe... have to wait and see. ... and that's what makes this fun. Every week is an adventure. I do know that unfortunately, recent history is on the side of the eternal pessimist here. Time for that page to turn.

Guys, based on his name, this has to be true.
I only communicate in Yellowstone Gifs…

1632244515887.jpeg

I can understand that optimism, but like others have said on radio shows and Huskermax, we’ve all thought this before. I remember that Ohio State game when Urban was still coaching - where Nebraska hung with them and shoulda coulda won that game. I thought DONU turned the corner there. Last year and the win against Penn State. I felt great about that team until the next week and NU got drubbed by Illinois. I’m hopeful, but frankly my optimism is tempered by all the failures to actually “turn that corner.”
The reason I'm more optimistic than I was after the OSU game in 2018 is defense. Our defense just didn't stack up to the eye test like this one does. That 2018 defense gave up over 500 yards to Purdue! We just held the world renowned Oklahoma offense to right around 400. Ohio State in 2018 had almost 500, and we just couldn't stop them when we needed to. Our defense now looks like it can actually get a stop on 3rd down (which it still NEEDS to get better). Not sure about winning four in a row, but I actually feel decently about this squad going forward, and I don't think I've said that under Frost yet

And the week after the OSU game, we blew Illinois out, not drubbed

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back