• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Hypothetical question?

How is it possible for Mel Tucker to be 6-0 in year 2, ranked in the top 10 and have a game last week where for the first time FBS HISTORY the QB throws for 300+, the RB runs for 200+ and the WR catches for 200+. Must be some kind of miracle that could only happen in Michigan…
I agree with. And he inherited a mess. The Nassar deal was great for his recruiting. I bet he is still using culture issues as an excuse
And just think of that second half against that poorly coached Husker team...and MSU was dominated by that team ...

Last edited:
so far under Frosts watch
4-8
5-7
3-5
3-4

He still has time this year to change the trajectory of his record. If he doesn’t change the trajectory this year. It doesn’t project better seasons. It’s based on hope. Will Trev put his job on the line for hope?

I hope we go 8-4 and win a bowl game.

The trajectory says 5-7.

6-6 he’s back and things can project upwards next year. 5-7 Trev will just be relaying on hope for a better record.
It's not HOPE... It's absolutely obvious that this team is better than it was when Riley left.

The talent, the effort, the team cohesiveness etc.... Those are 100% evident. I was FURIOUS after Illinois. I've done a 180. I want 2 wins in the next 2 weeks and a team that is ready to exercise its Wisconsin demons.

If we do all that... I would bet money we are pre season top 20. That's how you turn a program around... MOMENTUM

Last edited:

It's not HOPE... It's absolutely obvious that this team is better than it was when Riley left.

The talent, the effort, the team cohesiveness etc.... Those are 100% evident. I was FURIOUS after Illinois. I've done a 180. I want 2 wins in the next 2 weeks and a team that is ready to exercise its Wisconsin demons.

If we do all that... I would bet money we are pre season top 20. That's how you turn a program around... MOMENTUM
U hope you’re right!!

Trev needs to come out and make a statement about Frost soon, recruiting is being hurt right now, and this next class doesn't look good at all. no way to spin that one.

I believe, and agree with, Frost comes back regardless of what happens the rest of the way.. ok, short of a collapse. The year after that he will be required to produce enough wins to get to a bowl game, and maybe even required to win that game.

Despite what some think we have seen progress, which wins him next year. Trev needs to say it now.
I think it’s a little too early. We need Minnesota and Purdue first. Heaven forbid we digress and lose one or two of these. Doing that pretty much cancels this last 4 weeks. I think 5 wins is minimum and that’s being nice after 4 years. I’d wait until he got the 5 wins.

Yes If he loses to one or both & then loses to Wisconsin tough decisions will definitely be contemplated and I would have no problem with that. At a minimum, a bare minimum, they need to beat the teams they’re supposed to beat - I believe all 3 - or the the hope & progress will be hard to remember. I believe they’re pretty good & at times borderline great. And cannot wait til we give Hawkeye’s their 1st loss…..But until they show it & prove it, it’s just hope, speculation….and hope.

SF gets at least 2022 even if we don’t win another game this year. If we make a bowl, they probably extend his contarct.

I think people are really starting to see just how much scar tissue Frost and Alberts (and Moos) had to dig through.

We had 20+ years of slapping band aids on top of band aids. I've posted about this before, but from probably Callahan-forward, we've never had a consistent AD-HC-OC-DC combo for anything longer than about 18 months. You can weather the loss of a coordinator or two (look at Saban) but you've got to already have the program structure built and in place. We didn't.

When you try to build the plane while you're flying, you'll eventually crash down to earth.
Superbly stated, and one of the hallmarks of successful programs is stability. Be it management, social discourse, they all count, but none more so than the assistant staff. TO's Cabinet is a fine example.

Just some thoughts— is it possible that one of the reasons that TA reached out to the assistant coaches because even if HCSF eventually does not come back that some of the assistant coaches could Be retained by the new HC—And another possibility with accountability from one player to the next And their own game experience that their own grit and resolve could be a major factor I believe in the teams future success with or without eventually HCSF Being the HC

Let’s say NU stays on trajectory and goes 5-7. Plays tough against the Buckeyes and Iowa. Comes back next year, and goes 6-6 or so. What happens then? If the team is highly competitive next year also but comes up short. Is it possible that this could carry on for say, 7-8 years, with Frost piling up a record of something like 42-42 after 7 seasons? What if in year 8, 12-1, then 10-3, 13-1. Is it possible, if NU holds that long, dividends could then be paid? I mean, it’s over half way there now. I’m not sure changing staffs would make anything really better after 7 years. It’s really a tough position for them. They’ll have to figure that out. I’m just curious on others thoughts.
Questions about the record this season vs next season make no sense without looking at the strength of schedule. A 6-6 team this year could play identically and be a 8-4 or 9-3 team next season. I don't think there will be a person in Nebraska would would find 6-6 next year to be progress. It would be a step backwards. The schedule sets up for next year to show a nice bump in the W/L record.

Questions about the record this season vs next season make no sense without looking at the strength of schedule. A 6-6 team this year could play identically and be a 8-4 or 9-3 team next season. I don't think there will be a person in Nebraska would would find 6-6 next year to be progress. It would be a step backwards. The schedule sets up for next year to show a nice bump in the W/L record.
Ahhh, yes sir, however, it’s likely that NU may have a new QB, and, a bunch of seniors are leaving. That has to be factored in as well. So, easier schedule, but, some new dudes in there. That could make that easier schedule, not so much easier. Just some things to consider, which is why I asked.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back