• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers will play Fordham on 4 September

Honestly yes but my memory is far from great in general. I suppose I should be happy none of them were "memorable."

IMO, there is a difference between scheduling easier games and scrambling like this a few months before the season to make the road easier. That was the schedule Nebraska signed up for, let's see it. It is this type of thinking that led some at the school to consider dropping the Oklahoma game. It makes Nebraska look weak and does not play well in terms of national perception. That is the cost. I hope the late change to the schedule pays real, recognizable dividends to counter it.

Part of why they're scrambling is because the Ireland trip was cancelled and things were rearranged. It will hurt recruiting by missing out on September home games, so they had to do whatever they could to get a home date.

I used to make fun of people on the East Coast for their ignorance of Nebraska (i.e. where located, no, we don't still have cowboys and Indianans as you are imagining). Now I realize how ignorant Nebraskans are with East Coast schools.

I used to make fun of people on the East Coast for their ignorance of Nebraska (i.e. where located, no, we don't still have cowboys and Indianans as you are imagining). Now I realize how ignorant Nebraskans are with East Coast schools.

I know right, there are only 4360 degree granting 4 year colleges in the United States. You'd think those ignorant hayseeds would be able to keep track of them all.

Sarcasm emoji.

As a fan, this doesn't move the excitement meter at all. But since they don't care about my opinion, I will probably go down to the haymarket, spend my hundred or so bucks on parking, eating and drinking, head to the stadium, cheer loudly and then go home and I will probably be complaining the whole time, with a smile on my face.

We aren't talking about Peru State.

According to their own website, they were essentially a commuter college until the 90s. So why do find it odd that many Nebraskans are not well versed in their history?

Fordham made major strides in achieving its goal of becoming a national rather than a local or regional institution during the nineteen-year presidency of Father Joseph O’Hare, SJ In 1972, 72 percent of Fordham undergraduates were commuters; twenty years later, 70 percent of Fordham undergraduates lived on campus.

z1KTDyV.png

4DxQTiv.png

vzB50eh.png

https://schersdd.tripod.com/sig2021.html

Last edited:
Big big big win for Lincoln economy, the economic benefit of a September home game (and a holiday weekend) compared to a late November will help businesses start recovering some of the lost revenue of 2020. When Ireland game was first announced there was mention that 2021 would be the first season since mid-90s with no home game over Labor Day.

The Lincoln YMCA team must have already scheduled a game for 9-4
Creighton football returns :Banana:!! Blue Jays FB was disbanded in 1940's.

Creighton vs. Huskers (Bugeaters?) ..... W=NU win

Date Site Result​
11/10/1906 Omaha W 17-0​
10/28/1905 Omaha W 102-0
10/15/1904 Omaha W 39-0​

Last edited:

This is a plus for recruiting, early season development & momentum-building, late-season bye weeks at important times, and revenue for Lincoln businesses (and possibly the university).

Relatively minor drop off in opponent level.

Likely part of the schedule shuffling process that launched that "trying to get out of the Oklahoma game" fake news.

Very positive move, kudos to all involved for the smart change.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back