• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers WBB 2020 Recruiting Class (& Potential Transfers)

Red Don

Tiger
Staff member
10 Year Member
(Lots more & Players' Bios at the link :))

"It's a very exciting day for our program, as we add a recruiting class that fits our needs on the court and our Husker family as a whole," Williams said. "We are excited about the potential this group brings, and we are looking forward to helping them build a great list of accomplishments in the future here at Nebraska."

Last edited:

We are trying to get a grad transfer from the east coast. Would provide a sorely needed post player for the '20-'21 season. Clearly an upgrade over Mershon, and at least as good as Verbeek; probably better. Can't divulge a name at this point, but she is listed at 6'3" and is very accomplished at the level she plays at (low D 1). This program desperately needs a shot in the arm, so hopefully this will pan out. Stay tuned.

Its discouraging to see two 'rotation' players transfer the same day.

Although I'm not sure of the numbers, I think we are limited to 13 scholarship players. That means we should have 6 available scholarships (2 graduating, 2 post-grad, & 2 transferring), for two incoming 2020 scholarship players, Stewart & Porter (plus walk-on Whitney Brown). That should leave 4 scholarships yet available for 2020 HS recruits or transfers.

Its going to be tough replacing the athleticism of Nicea Eliley and it would be great if we can get one (or more) accomplished player(s) from the transfer ranks upgrading our 'talent' to provide that much needed 'shot in the arm.'

Yes Verbeek was kind of shocking. Mershon was a little more understandable as her playing time was reduced significantly this year. I hate the transfer rules as they are now.

Yes Verbeek was kind of shocking. Mershon was a little more understandable as her playing time was reduced significantly this year. I hate the transfer rules as they are now.

I do too, although Verbeek's transfer wasn't a rules thing, but just a current culture thing. The rules have always allowed her to transfer to the NAIA level with immediate eligibility.

We are trying to get a grad transfer from the east coast. Would provide a sorely needed post player for the '20-'21 season. Clearly an upgrade over Mershon, and at least as good as Verbeek; probably better. Can't divulge a name at this point, but she is listed at 6'3" and is very accomplished at the level she plays at (low D 1). This program desperately needs a shot in the arm, so hopefully this will pan out. Stay tuned.

I'm told we lost out on this player. The big dogs came calling and we are out of the mix. Haven't heard anything on the recruitment of other transfers. I'm sure we're trying but no information leaks so far.

Sandhills, appreciate the information. Looks like Williams should be searching hard for guards as well. Plenty of roster spots and schollies available, but it doesn't appear that there are all that many players interested in NU right now.

Have you heard anything about NU looking north for any players in the near future? I see a Rapid City STM Jr. just committed to SDSU. With the recent success of both USD and SDSU using local players, i would think Williams would at least consider taking a player or two from South Dakota. It isn't like NU is getting ultra talented players, culture fits, or top 20 rankings the way it is happening now.

Sandhills, appreciate the information. Looks like Williams should be searching hard for guards as well. Plenty of roster spots and schollies available, but it doesn't appear that there are all that many players interested in NU right now.

Have you heard anything about NU looking north for any players in the near future? I see a Rapid City STM Jr. just committed to SDSU. With the recent success of both USD and SDSU using local players, i would think Williams would at least consider taking a player or two from South Dakota. It isn't like NU is getting ultra talented players, culture fits, or top 20 rankings the way it is happening now.

I have not heard that we are recruiting any player from due north. We do have a commitment from Coley for the '21 class who is from Minnesota. But as for the Dakotas, I have nothing. This staff has recruited Minnesota and northwest Iowa, so they do have a regional approach there. I can't see a reason why they wouldn't recruit a player from SD if she was good enough.

What is interesting in reverse is that they did not offer Alexis Markowski from Lincoln Pius, who is going to SDSU. Some think we shouold have recruited Markowski. I haven't seen her play in person, and don't have an opinion. Other that generally that if you turn away the best local players you better not recruit someone lesser from afar.

Mi'Cole Cayton, Cal Grad Transfer with 3 years eligibility left! o_O Is 'N'

(If it sounds too good to be True......... ;))

Huskers are in her top Six!

1586373167752.png

Last edited:
I have not heard that we are recruiting any player from due north. We do have a commitment from Coley for the '21 class who is from Minnesota. But as for the Dakotas, I have nothing. This staff has recruited Minnesota and northwest Iowa, so they do have a regional approach there. I can't see a reason why they wouldn't recruit a player from SD if she was good enough.

What is interesting in reverse is that they did not offer Alexis Markowski from Lincoln Pius, who is going to SDSU. Some think we shouold have recruited Markowski. I haven't seen her play in person, and don't have an opinion. Other that generally that if you turn away the best local players you better not recruit someone lesser from afar.
Andy Markowski's daughter??

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back