• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers vs Razorbacks - Winner to Omaha! - 6/7/21 - 6pm ctrl - ESPN2 - GO BIG RED!!!

Bummed that we lost this game after leading 2 - 0. But it was fun up until the end there. I will now root for the Razorbacks, or, as I kept seeing, the "OmaHogs" to win it all, that way we can say we lost to the best. We made Arkansas work for it, and I'm okay with that, as our guys played their butts off. GBR!

Bummed that we lost this game after leading 2 - 0. But it was fun up until the end there. I will now root for the Razorbacks, or, as I kept seeing, the "OmaHogs" to win it all, that way we can say we lost to the best. We made Arkansas work for it, and I'm okay with that, as our guys played their butts off. GBR!
I will not root for a team that boos a player for sticking up for his parents being harassed by their fans
screw them!

This is where I think Nebraska can really make some strides. Yes we absolutely want our football program two get back to at least relevancy. But I honestly think that Nebraska could become a perrenial Baseball power and Dominate the BiG. Especially the way the big seems to treat Baseball. We just blow everybody in conference away constantly and build up a résumé in out of conference. Pretty soon we are hosting regionals regularly.

We have the coach,

We have the facilities,

We have the fans

sure…Hard to recapture lightning in a bottle that the season was… but I see so many possibilities for the future!

And dare I say the recruiting base. Nebraska seems to put out some pretty good ball players.

beside volleyball when is the last time we took the #1 team in the Country down to the wire. FANTASTIC season and there is now more than light shining thru the tunnel; I see a strong beam of light and very proud of those kids who weren't given a chance out of the gatel

Felt too empty to comment last night. As they say, close but no cigar. If they could've just gotten that last out and hung on!!! The Road to Omaha would've looked very doable. Felt sick for the players.

This team was given a VERY tall order in VERY unfavorable circumstances. They came so close to punching it out. True grit. Yes, they can hold their heads up and proved we can play with the best but the agony of defeat in a situation like this is really an awful taste. The players that won't be back will only know how close they came. Sure wish it wasn't so. Again, as they say, life goes on.

Anyways, I'm sure glad I wandered in here one Saturday a couple months ago. I had gotten away from baseball years ago. Kept catching whispers that this team was continuing to do well so thought I'd check it out. Boy, I had been missing out...lol.

Don't do cable but with @CrnhskerBob and @carrolltonsker pbp coverage and radio it has been a bunch of fun. Along with the other posters it was like I relearned the game and gained a richer understanding. All the different inputs dropped gems of varied perspectives that opened my eyes. The humor and tasteful aggravation had me using my laughing emoji a LOT. So, my thanks to one and all

As always, GBR!!!

And dare I say the recruiting base. Nebraska seems to put out some pretty good ball players.
I grew up playing “small town ball” in Nebraska and Iowa. Ran into lots of good talent. And it was always so fun to go into some big city and just whip a fancy team…with their nice uniforms and beautiful fields.

While half of us had come out of the fields that afternoon and changed into our mostly secondhand uniforms. Hell, we barely had time to practice as we all had heavy work responsibilities to our families.

Now it didn’t happen often for sure…but it happened…enough.

I once hit a ball into a cornfield in Treynor, Iowa…they had no outfield fence at the time. I thought it a home run and started trotting around the bases. But I had missed the briefing on the local “ground rules” ….I was catching and warming up our pitcher.

Since they had no “fence” you had to run out anything hit. My coach was screaming at me to RUN and I could not figure out why. Center fielder had run 10 rows into the cornfield dug out the ball and almost threw me out at 3rd as I FINALLY figured out what was going on. Longest ball I ever hit in my life and I had to settle for a triple.

Funny story but the point was 4 of the opposing players on that small town Treynor team played D1 Baseball later. 2 at Iowa State, one at Iowa and one at Missouri.

Lordy, that was a long time ago but I can’t imagine things have changed that much.

Even with all the year round specialization, AAU, travel teams, and all of that…local farm kids can still play damn good “ball”….

Last edited:

5 games in 4 days is rough, just ran out of steam.
It just boiled down to one pitcher short…and they had the best pitcher in College Baseball with an ABSOLUTE RUBBER ARM.

Hell, we might’ve even worked through the one pitcher short….but the Koops kid made the difference. I was thinking in the 7th that if we just made it to extra innings we could win that game. But I honestly think that kid could’ve gone three more innings at least…and while we might have spaced a hit here or there….We were just never going to string anything together. Not as long as he was in. Truly an all American.

I sure hope folks don’t get down on the Buntz kid…

Just not his weekend…went continuously downhill.

It’s Baseball…it happens…

Could not have asked for a better season. Most enjoyable in over 15 years. If this is what Bolt can do in his first full year, look out baseball world!

I will not root for a team that boos a player for sticking up for his parents being harassed by their fans
screw them!

If "The Traitor" Van Horny will retire then good chance plug in a new Pig's HC ...... Will Bolt

Totally agree @Blue Howl post ..... https://forum.huskermax.com/threads...1-must-win-2-in-a-row-gbr.124483/post-5018960

Last edited:

If "The Traitor" Van Horn will retire then good chance plug in a new Pig's HC ...... Will Bolt
Never happen….Arkie would go for a big name guy…it’s their mindset right now.

I do think Nebraska needs to renegotiate Bolt’s contract….immediately!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back