• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

HUSKERS VS BULLDOGS - GAME #3 THREAD - 2/19/12

Like I said, if we play with the girls (7inn games) we are 2-1! :lol: :rolfl:

Last edited:

Well, so far, the bullpen has screwed Pierce and Kubat. Wonder how they're feeling?

Of course, Pierce sorta' stunk today!

Well, later, guys.

Have a good Holiday off, if you are not working

Take care.

The pitching has been very suspect. But fielding errors, base running blunders, and an inability to lay down bunts in crucial situations didn't help either.

Yes, I won't argue, but the pitchers have failed to kep runners off the basepaths, putting the infielders in dire straights. Both are to blame, but the pitching is #1 in screwing up our wins.

Barf...could've won all 3 but the coaches need to teach these kids how to win. Hopefully this nightmare will be funneled into a learning experience for later in the season. We were in position to win every game, so that is why these losses were so darn painful. Hope we can figure some things out with the bullpen.

Realistically, I will give them the 1st game, but the last 2 were ours to take, period!!

The pitching has been very suspect. But fielding errors, base running blunders, and an inability to lay down bunts in crucial situations didn't help either.

All true. But if your pitching staff gives up 22 runs in three games, you're going to go 0-3 -- or 1-2 at best. College baseball has become much more low scoring since the new metal bats were introduced last season.

All true. But if your pitching staff gives up 22 runs in three games, you're going to go 0-3 -- or 1-2 at best. College baseball has become much more low scoring since the new metal bats were introduced last season.

Well, HWM, we rest our case. All can share the chokes, but the pitching is where it begins!! 22 runs spells losing, period!! Can't expect your team to average more than 7 runs..................unless you're Gonzaga! :sarcastic:

Turning off audio. Better things to do!

Will be dancing Fri. May be working that afternoon,
so I may not see you guys until Saturday.

Hope we can get a win. Right now, I doubt very much.

Sad to talk that way, but I see a weak psychi right now.

Later.

GO BIG RED!!! :cry:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back