• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers vs. Bulldogs Baseball Thread - Game #1 of the Season!!

I don't get all the dismay by some. It was the first game under a new coaching staff. There will be improvement.

The kids played pretty well until the last three innings and then the infield mistakes and silent bats were too reminiscent of years past. I have hope that these guys will gt it done.

I just want to add, just like the football board, players read the things we say about them. If we get down on them and say things that aren't positive how do you think they are going to react? They were very appreciative of the crowd in the stands and even joined in on some Husker chants. To me, saying what is going to happen before it happens is giving up and thats the last thing I want to do and I think Coach Erstad feels the same way.

I believe the positive support far out-weighs the negative. I would hope (should the players visit HMax) they wouldn't let a minority affect them mentally. And the few negative things said should serve as fuel to prove doubters wrong -- to me, there's nothing more motivating than that.

Regardless, I still believe the Huskers will win the Big Ten. My continuous downer statement is simply the reality that the Big Ten has been garbage for decades. I have doubts that NU is a top 25 type of team. But that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be significantly better than last season.

I believe the positive support far out-weighs the negative. I would hope (should the players visit HMax) they wouldn't let a minority affect them mentally. And the few negative things said should serve as fuel to prove doubters wrong -- to me, there's nothing more motivating than that.

Regardless, I still believe the Huskers will win the Big Ten. My continuous downer statement is simply the reality that the Big Ten has been garbage for decades. I have doubts that NU is a top 25 type of team. But that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be significantly better than last season.

I guess a little of my thinking has to do with the past, i know i'm not the only one on here that can go back to the late 70's and remember those teams. The great "records" of some of those teams...49-15 on a couple occasions, but yet playing teams like Hastings, Wayne St. etc. Sure was fun to win, yet not reallly have anything to show for it. Then came the Big-12 and some lean years before Sanders was replaced by Van Horn. It was a great turnaround what happend under Van Horn, but it was for a short time. We were spoiled and it was great! I think it's hard to stay on top all the time...look how bad Long Beach St. was a year ago and some others. Nothing any of us can do about the conference we are in and heck, maybe Nebraska will make it better somehow. I'm sure that some of the B1G teams envy NU and after visiting Hawks field might just want to copy whats going on there. These teams may play like Sunbelt teams, but they sure have more money than those Sunbelt teams do and I think in the long run that will help! Remember, winning is contagious and anything can happen! Just my :2cents:

Just got home to feed the dog. Wedding went tooooooooooooooo long, party, that is. Will be back close, or after start.

Gonna go eat. Bye

I guess a little of my thinking has to do with the past, i know i'm not the only one on here that can go back to the late 70's and remember those teams. The great "records" of some of those teams...49-15 on a couple occasions, but yet playing teams like Hastings, Wayne St. etc. Sure was fun to win, yet not reallly have anything to show for it. Then came the Big-12 and some lean years before Sanders was replaced by Van Horn. It was a great turnaround what happend under Van Horn, but it was for a short time. We were spoiled and it was great! I think it's hard to stay on top all the time...look how bad Long Beach St. was a year ago and some others. Nothing any of us can do about the conference we are in and heck, maybe Nebraska will make it better somehow. I'm sure that some of the B1G teams envy NU and after visiting Hawks field might just want to copy whats going on there. These teams may play like Sunbelt teams, but they sure have more money than those Sunbelt teams do and I think in the long run that will help! Remember, winning is contagious and anything can happen! Just my :2cents:

I do think the Big Ten teams will envy the environment in Lincoln.

Really, what it comes down to for me is the northern climate vs the southern (or western) climate factor. Nebraska did benefit by competing in the Big 12 -- as half those teams were more southern climate types with decent (or better) baseball history as a result. The Big Ten will always be handicapped by the northern climate -- and every single school in that conference has to deal with that. I just think it's a tremendously bigger hurdle to over come in the Big Ten than it is in the Big 12.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back