• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

HUSKERS vs. BUCKEYES Game Thread...

NE FREAK

'17 Camaro 2SS named NE FREAK
10 Year Member
Good morning Husker fans!!!!!!!! Anyone know the pitching matchups for today?

It's game 3 for both teams in an elimination game. It will probably be staff vs staff.

I expect Spitsnogle gets the nod for us - he's done fairly well recently. But as ThotDoc suggests, it won't take much trouble before we see Pierce or Hirsch or 'staff' - GBR!! It's a great day to play 2!!

We've eliminated #3 Penn St. To get through the day we have to now eliminate #6 Ohio St (who beat Penn St on day 1) and #5 Mich St (who beat us on day 1). Two wins today and we'll only have to eliminate two more teams. ;)

I expect Spitsnogle gets the nod for us - he's done fairly well recently. But as ThotDoc suggests, it won't take much trouble before we see Pierce or Hirsch or 'staff' - GBR!! It's a great day to play 2!!

If we make it through to tomorrow, how long before we end up having a position player (non-pitcher) take the mound?

Depends how Kash's shoulder feels ;) But seriously (not seriously) Scheffert has a HOSE, I wouldn't be afraid of him taking the hill in an emergency

I've confirmed from a realiable source on Twitter that it will be in fact Spitsnogle in Game 1

Let's hope we can get at least 6 innings out of the starter and score some runs to back him up. Any help to save the bullpen is necessary and appreciated.

I think we'll be in good shape if it goes Spits for 4, Pierce for 3 and Vogt for the last 2 - that formula should = a rematch with Sparty

I heard Carnes is suiting up for the MSU start if needed. Working on paperwork for Bubba to come in for the games tomorrow.

;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back