• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

HUSKERS VS BINGHAMPTON - ELIMINATION GAME - REGIONAL'S - 5/31/14 - 12:05 CENTRAL

CrnhskrBob

Husker Immortal
20 Year Member
I'll be here, early.

Hope to see a large crowd on the forum.

WE WILL WIN THIS GAME!!

:dancebroc:

Last edited:

Christensen getting the start is interesting...

Right move though in my opinion...

Agree with saving Bummer and Kubat. Give this approach a shot. I was hoping they would do this.

Agree, I love this move and I think it sends a message to the team that you expect to be around for awhile. If NU is going to make it out of this regional (and it's a very long shot), this is what will be needed. Also need really good starts from Bummer, Kubat and possibly DeLeon if we make it that far. NU really needs pitching and defense to step up to advance.

Only down side is that we will use our bullpen frequently in the first of a 4 game max situation. That being said, Bummer and Kubat can hopefully get you solid innings if we are fortunate enough to make it that far. I think this does set the mentality that we are here to win the region, not the game. No offense to who we play at noon, but a win against them doesn't do much for you. Beating Fullerton or the Cowboys does...

Only down side is that we will use our bullpen frequently in the first of a 4 game max situation. That being said, Bummer and Kubat can hopefully get you solid innings if we are fortunate enough to make it that far. I think this does set the mentality that we are here to win the region, not the game. No offense to who we play at noon, but a win against them doesn't do much for you. Beating Fullerton or the Cowboys does...

Yep.

Hopefully we won't use up the top pen guys. I expect to see Howell. Also Bublitz. Maybe a little more out of Hohensee. Would be great if we could save Greco, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him go an inning. We would only use Hirsch in a total pinch.

I have not seen Binghampton play, but I think we will win. if we do win we will have to play Cal or OSU.. and if we continue to leave runners on base like the first game (and many times during the big ten tourney) we won't stand a chance.

Binghampton (25-26) RPI 152

Team is from New York

NU has had a terrible tendency to play down to the opponents level this year.

Darin pre-game, on starting AC "We need to find a way to win this tournament. Today's the day we need to grind one out."

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back