• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers Updated Roster Released: Two New Position Groups: Edge & Nickel Back

Only seven freshman walk ons. The Covid bonus year has cut into that “bring back the walk on” mantra we heard early in the Frost era. I wonder if things have changed permanently and the cuts will remain in future years.

Only seven freshman walk ons. The Covid bonus year has cut into that “bring back the walk on” mantra we heard early in the Frost era. I wonder if things have changed permanently and the cuts will remain in future years.

Lot of kids are taking full rides and playing at the 1AA level

The new positions are "Edge" and "Nick" for DL/LB type rushers and LB/DB hybrids, presumably like Eric Hagg in Pelini's Peso.

These are the preferred walkons - right? Others will join the team in the fall I believe.

The new positions are "Edge" and "Nick" for DL/LB type rushers and LB/DB hybrids, presumably like Eric Hagg in Pelini's Peso.
Great player, Hagg. Ciante Evans was another good one for Pelini.

It seems by default that guys playing that hybrid DB/LB "nickel" or "peso" position are talented players. These are bright, quick thinking athletes with size, speed, and great instincts. Usually upper classmen because of the learning curve in that position.

Moved to TE

I went digging and found this from an early April interview. He tells the interviewer he'll be playing tight end. I wonder if that decision was made before or after Tuioti left? I know schools were recruiting him for offense and defense.

I went digging and found this from an early April interview. He tells the interviewer he'll be playing tight end. I wonder if that decision was made before or after Tuioti left? I know schools were recruiting him for offense and defense.

That's a great question

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back