• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers @Spartans - Thursday - 5:02 CDT - 5/16/24 - McLane Stadium/Kobs Field

I don't think the bats were so weak.They played great defense and played wherever we hit it. Good prep on their part.
Not trying to be a negative Nellie, but against a plus-10 ERA guy, we didn't have an impressive offensive showing. It needs to get better. I broaden "bats" to "offense", since we had a missed sign on the hit and run, and a base running error (which Bolt called the "unforgivable sin of making the third out at 3rd base). Hopefully we'll get sharper on offense, and continue with the good pitching, and at least recently, better defense.

The only negative thing I see about the rest of this weekend is now that Purdue is out of first place they will just lay down for Illinois. :( But one can still hope for a miracle ! Go Big Red! And we get to watch on BTN.

The only negative thing I see about the rest of this weekend is now that Purdue is out of first place they will just lay down for Illinois. :( But one can still hope for a miracle ! Go Big Red! And we get to watch on BTN.
Don't trust Purdue coach. He won't do a thing to help.
I am sure he heard Husker Nation bad mouth him last season, when he screwed us over, afraid to play the last game of the season. He was a coward!

Last edited:

Not trying to be a negative Nellie, but against a plus-10 ERA guy, we didn't have an impressive offensive showing. It needs to get better. I broaden "bats" to "offense", since we had a missed sign on the hit and run, and a base running error (which Bolt called the "unforgivable sin of making the third out at 3rd base). Hopefully we'll get sharper on offense, and continue with the good pitching, and at least recently, better defense.
Sometimes one has to give credit for stepping up. If one of our so-so pitchers came up with a great job, would you not credit him? But, as for the dumb plays, that is different! ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back