• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers road in NCAA

BGRed

Blackshirt
20 Year Member
We get a #4 seed (in the Lincoln Regional, of course).

Playing in Los Angeles in opening game versus #13 seed Fresno State (Saturday).

Second round (assuming a win) versus #5 seed NC State or #12 seed BYU.

Win both and we come back to Lincoln and likely face #1 overall seed U Conn!!

http://a.espncdn.com/i/ncaa/14_womens_bracket.pdf

Not a good seed or bracket by the NCAA. Surprised Penn State got the 3 seed above us. Same with A & M. Tough game in the round of 32 vs. NC State. Was hoping we could get a shot at a 2 seed, such as Duke, on our home floor before having to face U Conn. Disappointing night. No energy in PBA at the Selection Show.

One challenge on the women's side is that the teams can host games and bracketing sometimes needs to switch to accommodate that. Seems that A&M and Nebraska could have been switched; not sure how the S-curve worked out.

Rebecca Lobo tweeted a simply amazing stat - let's hope the Huskers are the second:

In 25 NCAA appearances, UConn has played just one true road game, at Vandy '92. WVU could play 2 road games in 1st 3 tourney games this yr.

Is there any restriction to this kind of thing since it is a NCAA regional and technically not a Nebraska home game?
I think the announcers have to stay neutral and they can't have a lot of pregame Nebraska hoopla, like they might at a regular season home game. The crowd can do what it wants though. At least, that is the way it has been whenever Notre Dame got to play a tournament game on its home court.

I've actually picked Nebraska vs Notre Dame for the national title in one of my brackets. (Well, OK, I picked UConn - ND in my other bracket). If NU wants to win the national title, this may be the best deal it could hope for. One way or another, it would probably have to beat both ND and UConn to get the championship. This way it gets UConn at home, in front of (hopefully) the most hostile crowd the Huskies have encountered all season. I've got my fingers crossed.

I think the announcers have to stay neutral and they can't have a lot of pregame Nebraska hoopla, like they might at a regular season home game. The crowd can do what it wants though. At least, that is the way it has been whenever Notre Dame got to play a tournament game on its home court.

Was in Iowa City tonight. About the only thing that is different than a 'normal' home game is that the team bands alternate on the TV timeouts. For regular team timeouts, the band for the team calling the timeout gets to play.

Iowa shot 57 percent tonight - if they can hit their outside shots and get another 20 from their center, they could knock off Louisville.

Bump. Need a Husker thread to rank above a thread about JR. colleges. Geeesh! Huskers need to beat BYU tonight, then its back to Lincoln for the sweet sixteen regional! GBR!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back