• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Huskers Open As A 10 Point Favorite over Northern Illinois Update: Now 14.5

Here's a short preview... NIU's defense is the strength of the team and will have 2 weeks of preparing for Nebraska's offense when you consider Utah runs a similar offense but is more effective than Nebraska's. NIU lines up in a tradional 4-3 and has a lot of returning starters and a roster full of guys that were on the team in 2017.

NIU's D reminds me of Northwestern, not a lot of stars but they are smart and are deceptively fast because they're disciplined. NIU ran a lot of the same stunts and delayed blitzes that we saw from Colorado in the 2nd half. Utah won but it was primarily due to Utah's D which held NIU to 73 yards in the 2nd half.

Ugh.

I think with Northern Illinois playing back to back games @Utah and @Nebraska will be too much for them to handle. I think the Huskers will start quick and cruise to victory. Huskers 31-14

I think with Northern Illinois playing back to back games @Utah and @Nebraska will be too much for them to handle. I think the Huskers will start quick and cruise to victory. Huskers 31-14
I seem to see more of a team that plays tough opponents getting better as time goes by. If they don’t beat us, put some cash on them the next week.

Here's a short preview... NIU's defense is the strength of the team and will have 2 weeks of preparing for Nebraska's offense when you consider Utah runs a similar offense but is more effective than Nebraska's. NIU lines up in a tradional 4-3 and has a lot of returning starters and a roster full of guys that were on the team in 2017.

NIU's D reminds me of Northwestern, not a lot of stars but they are smart and are deceptively fast because they're disciplined. NIU ran a lot of the same stunts and delayed blitzes that we saw from Colorado in the 2nd half. Utah won but it was primarily due to Utah's D which held NIU to 73 yards and zero points in the 2nd half.

Yup on all you wrote. There problem this year is they are offensively challenged. They struggled with 1AA Illinois State

Huskers really need to play a complete game against ANYONE! So far that simply hasn't happened and it's discouraging to some degree. This is a team we need to not simply beat but get the offense healthy and rolling. Want to see the WIDE OPEN and attacking offense I expect from Scott Frost team! Get ahead and then pour it on for the entire game! No throttling back and playing it safe this Saturday....

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back